Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Best plastic blackener

Old 05-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Re: Best plastic blackener

It does not come much blacker than this, not recommended though.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:39 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
I really like the Trim Shine wipes from Stoner. Think of them falling somewhere between Armor All wipes & Back to Black. They do a much better job at restoring trim to it's natural black color than an Armor All wipe....but they aren't as potent and messy as Back to Black and comparable liquids. If you accidentally get it on your paint when applying it, no biggie. I use them on my window trim and the little black plastic trim pieces around my door handles regularly.

I was at Walmart the other day and I noticed that they carry Stoners Trim Spray. When my stash of CD2 is depleted, I'll give the Stoners spray a shot to see how it dresses up the engine. Price was right.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:21 PM

Do you spray the CD2 on the rubber as well?

Old 05-26-2014, 09:24 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by lildaddym
Do you spray the CD2 on the rubber as well?

Yes. Engine rubber, plastic, everything except the belts , pulleys, chrome.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Yes. Engine rubber, plastic, everything except the belts , pulleys, chrome.
Greatness! Thanks!

Old 06-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Forum Regular

It has been about 21 days since I applied the Armor-All Outlast Trim Restorer to my Jeep. So far I have been impressed by this product, it has been through quite a bit of rain including several pretty good down pours and I have not had to reapply as of yet. The rear bumper caps have been painted but, the front are original and both still look really good. To be honest none of the trim on the Jeep is all that faded so it's hard toJudge

Old 06-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Forum Regular

Detail Doctor is the best back to black stuff I have used! I tried all of them... This stuff lasts weeks on my jeep that sits out side much longer if it doesn't rain much. I've used it on everything carbon fiber,rubber trim, plastic inner fenderwells, engine bay and its even the best damn tire shine I've ever used it doesn't make them look wet they look intensely black like new! Well worth the 15bucks a little goes a long way!

Old 06-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

$12 with free shipping at rakuten.com : As Seen on TV Detail Doctor Instant Car Restorer - Rakuten.com Shopping

Old 06-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The best black restorer/enhancer that I have ever used is Meguiars Endurance Gel; recommended by someone on the forum(cannot recall who it was). It has a longlasting glitter/shine and can be used on most any type surface...(have not used it on paint)...Carl

Old 06-17-2014, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by carl graham
The best black restorer/enhancer that I have ever used is Meguiars Endurance Gel; recommended by someone on the forum(cannot recall who it was). It has a longlasting glitter/shine and can be used on most any type surface...(have not used it on paint)...Carl
Carl, the endurance gel is great on tires, but if you put that stuff under the hood, you would end up with parts covered in slimey gel and working on the car would become a giant pain. I like the CD2 because when it cures, there is no slick residue left behind, just a black part, but I only use it on the engine bay because it has to cure. I also use the endurance on my wheels, other than the fact that some comes off onto the fenders everytime you put it on, no matter if you try to wipe all the excess off or not....

Old 06-17-2014, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Carl, the endurance gel is great on tires, but if you put that stuff under the hood, you would end up with parts covered in slimey gel and working on the car would become a giant pain. I like the CD2 because when it cures, there is no slick residue left behind, just a black part, but I only use it on the engine bay because it has to cure. I also use the endurance on my wheels, other than the fact that some comes off onto the fenders everytime you put it on, no matter if you try to wipe all the excess off or not....

Hi John: Hope you and Molly are doing fine..It's getting hot as Hades here in Myrtle Beach

Thanks for the heads up on the Endurance Gel...have not used it under the hood...will try the CD2...Thanks again...Carl

Old 07-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Forum Regular

ARMOR-ALL OUTLAST TRIM RESTORER "UPDATE"

I applied the product to my Jeep back on May 21. The Jeep sits outside 24/7 and has been driven in several downpours and it still looks pretty good. I am thinking of applying another coat to the bumper caps tomorrow but, the other black trim like the door handles, roof rack and window trim still look good. Unlike every other black restorer i have used in the past this one actually stays on when it rains. There are no spots or runs where you can tell it just washed off. I am very happy with this one and I may buy several more bottles just in case it's discontinued because of slow sales. The only thing I have used it on on the Crossfire is the tape where the top sits on my roadster. It did a very good job of darkening the faded part but, you can still tell the faded part because the gloss or texture is different from the undamaged part. of course that's the same as with any of these types of products.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried several products until a friend of mine gave me a bottle of Black Wow which he uses on his Mini-Cooper. It's the best product I've found to date. $30 for a 4 oz. bottle on Amazon. It's not cheap but it lasts a long time and really turns the black stuff BLACK! Don't know how an orange liquid turns something black, though