Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Meguires Ultimate wax

Old 09-20-2018, 04:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Meguires Ultimate wax

Gentlemen - I thought I posted this yesterday, but cannot find it anywhere on the forum. Has anyone used Meguires Ultimate wax, either the paste version or the liquid version? I believe that this wax is "synthetic" as opposed to "carnuba" wax. From what I've read, the synthetic lasts longer but does not give as deep a shine as the carnuba. Has anyone any experience with this? My car is garaged year round except for the short cruises that we take. In the past, I've used Meguires "Gold Class" wax, on other cars, and loved the depth of the shine but I felt it did not last as long as I thought it should. Gold Class is a carnuba wax. I've noticed that a lot of folks on this forum like "Adams" products. I'm not familiar with them and have never seen their results. I saw on the internet that a wax called P21s Concours Carnuba is very highly rated. It was rated at the top on several "best wax's to use" ratings.

If anyone has any ideas, opinions, suggestions, product names, etc. etc., please let me know. I would love to hear what works and what doesn't.

Thanks,

Jim
jpmlholian@aol.com

Old 09-21-2018, 09:32 AM
Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Re: Meguires Ultimate wax

I do not think there is a "correct" or "best" answer to your question. Each owners experience and the area and related weather will be different and of coarse the question in it's self can only be answered with subjective experiences vice some kind of measurable parameters.
I have used both Adam's carnauba paste wax and Maquires Ultimate paste wax. From my perspective I prefer the Maguires. It is much easier to acquire (most auto stores have it) and I'm pretty sure it is less expensive. I think the Maguires is a bit easier to apply and polish off, and it seems to have a better, longer lasting shield/protection for the paint. I will buy Maguires next time I need to purchase wax for my care. I also will be purchasing Adams again as some of their products I think are best in class, just not the wax.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Forum Regular

zip439 - Thanks for your input. That's what I am wanting.

Jim
jpmlholian@aol.com

Old 09-21-2018, 11:34 AM
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Jim
I've used the Ultimate Meguiars wax, both liquid (with my Porter-Cable) and paste (when hand applied) for the past 4 years, it is the best aside from the professional products they offer. You can ask anyone that's been to Carlisle or Semaj to verify the glass like finish on my SSB SRT6.
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 09-21-2018, 12:36 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks Dennis.

Old 09-21-2018, 01:39 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMenace
Jim
I've used the Ultimate Meguiars wax, both liquid (with my Porter-Cable) and paste (when hand applied) for the past 4 years, it is the best aside from the professional products they offer. You can ask anyone that's been to Carlisle or Semaj to verify the glass like finish on my SSB SRT6.
Dennis
DTMenace
I have used it and find it very good and it seems to last. I would add that prior to the final polish Meguirs swirl remover be used to get the best results. Black painted cars suffer the most when it comes to seeing swirls, especially at night under artificial lights.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:24 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks 180.

Jim

Old 09-24-2018, 11:53 AM
Received 520 Likes on 414 Posts

I use the Meguiar's 3-step process about every 3 years on my crossfire. So I start with Ultimate Compound; then follow that up with Ultimate Polish; with a final application of Meguiar's Wax. But instead of using the Ultimate Wax product, I use the Professional Series #26 Yellow Wax. I've used that product for years, as well as the entire Meguiar's Professional Series product line. But that was before Meguiar's came out with the Ultimate product line, which delivers the same level of results (IMO). I do still have a bottle of the #26 Yellow Wax & I'll use it until it gets used completely up. Then I'll have to decide whether to purchase that product again, or try the Ultimate Wax product.

Between the full detailing above, I use the Zymol Cleaner Wax product for quick buffings. I find that product to be quick application and delivers a brilliant shine using just hand rubbing.