Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

here goes nothing

Old 12-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default here goes nothing

look i know i'm gonna get bit*hed at as usual but i was thinking of doing 4 stages of nitrous with each stage getting progessively stronger, 30 35 40 45, what do you think (if i dare ask).

Old 12-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: here goes nothing

Hell...why not! I believe you can go up further than that...I think it's psuperti that has like a 90 shot on his. Why not go four stages progressively up to that?

BTW...'d love to know how it turns out if you do it...you have one of the few coupes that I really like the looks of, it'd be nice to see it get some bite for it's bark!

Old 12-08-2007, 06:45 PM

Do EEET.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Psssttt Juice It !!!

Old 12-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: here goes nothing

Give it the GO, Daddy 'O!

Old 12-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just keep "LKQ's" phone # on speed dial.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:16 PM

You definitely want to install an AFR gauge and a nitrous management system. Gonna need it to be rock solid and reliable.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:26 PM

Waste of money going 4 stages on such a small shot. Just run one 100 shot and you will be good. People are scared of nitrous. I run 300 shot on my camaro, keep in mind the motor is setup for nitrous though. Nitrious is great and its good to be cautios but you don't need to be so careful. I know a guy that has run a 150 on his lincoln mark whatever consistantly for 10 years.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:29 PM

Is this going on a manual or automatic crossfire? I would practice my nitrous tuning on a cheaper engine, say something like a honda or what ever econo box is available cheap.

Be careful with your 6 speed, Don't activate or have the system activated when you hit the stock rev
limiter. The stock rev limiter is a fuel cutoff. If you cut fuel while you're injecting nitrous,
you're instantly very lean. This momentary lean condition has the potential of causing
engine damage.

Quite often, a factory type wide-gap projected nose
plug will produce a detonation condition after a
few seconds of nitrous use. The detonation is not
due to the heat range, it occurs because the
ground strap of the spark plug becomes a glow
plug instead of a spark plug. The ground strap is
too long to dissipate the extra heat produced by a
nitrous accelerated burn. The correct solution is to replace the plugs with units that have
shorter ground straps. By doing this, you will shorten the heat path from the ground strap
to the plug base. ZEX™ Hyperformance™ spark plugs are recommended for many
applications.

Last edited by Maxwell; 12-09-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sodamhot
Waste of money going 4 stages on such a small shot. Just run one 100 shot and you will be good. People are scared of nitrous. I run 300 shot on my camaro, keep in mind the motor is setup for nitrous though. Nitrious is great and its good to be cautios but you dont need to be so careful. I know a guy that has run a 150 on his lincoln mark whatever consistantly for 10 years
Yes, that may well be, but you are talking about steel blocks... This engine and internals are aluminum and magnesium... That's why we carry 8.5 qts of oil, to keep it from melt-down... So, before you start making recommendations to other members, you better do your homework !!!

Old 12-09-2007, 01:39 PM

first you need to find out who makes a controller that allows you to retard your timing, you can't rely on oem knock sensors, that's crazy.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
Is this going on a manual or automatic crossfire? I would practice my nitrous tuning on a cheaper engine, say something like a honda or what ever econo box is available cheap.

Be careful with your 6 speed, Don't activate or have the system activated when you hit the stock rev
limiter. The stock rev limiter is a fuel cutoff. If you cut fuel while you're injecting nitrous,
you're instantly very lean. This momentary lean condition has the potential of causing
engine damage.

Quite often, a factory type wide-gap projected nose
plug will produce a detonation condition after a
few seconds of nitrous use. The detonation is not
due to the heat range, it occurs because the
ground strap of the spark plug becomes a glow
plug instead of a spark plug. The ground strap is
too long to dissipate the extra heat produced by a
nitrous accelerated burn. The correct solution is to replace the plugs with units that have
shorter ground straps. By doing this, you will shorten the heat path from the ground strap
to the plug base. ZEX™ Hyperformance™ spark plugs are recommended for many
applications.
Max, as always, you are a wealth of knowledge... Keep the NEWBIES in line...

Old 12-09-2007, 05:22 PM
TVT_DESIGN

The AEM Fuel and Ignition module will help you retard timing and adjust fuel load. It's easy to hook up if you know the wiring schematics of our car, if not a reputable shop should be able to hook it up. It runs about $400 and would be a pretty good addition if you are looking to be safe with nitrous.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:02 PM

Per the AEM engineers, they have NEVER installed their system in a Crossfire or MB SLK320 /32 and do not know if the system will work with this car... So, do NOT listen to people who say that it's a viable product for the Crossfire until it has been installed and tested...

And this goes for the poster of this ...
Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
The AEM Fuel and Ignition module will help you retard timing and adjust fuel load. It's easy to hook up if you know the wiring schematics of our car, if not a reputable shop should be able to hook it up. It runs about $400 and would be a pretty good addition if you are looking to be safe with nitrous.
Do not post information on this site that you are not 100% sure will work with the Crossfire... AEM does not support the Bosch ME 2.8 software and they will not guarantee that the system will work with the car...

Last edited by HDDP; 12-09-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Forum Regular

i've looked at a ton of nitrous kits for the crossfire including all the add on accessories for safe usage. i've also met up with pusperti and took a ride in his car with a 75 shot! very impressive. anywho the kits i started leaning toward were the zex kits the hole system is controlled through module that takes most of its info from the the cars TPS sensor. on top of this they also have a seperate available rpm switch that you can acutally adjust to turn on and cut off the nitrous at any set rpm! perfect for us manual guys and also helps with traction control issues. one more additional safe move id do is wideband air fuel just to reassure that everythings ok. plus one of the aem guages with the black face, red pointer, and green background would look sweet with our factory guages. i've also read that a 75 shot is more then reasonable match for this v6 engine i don't think id dare to go more without a some kind of timing retard but 75 horses is plenty of feel! so if used wisely i dont see how this setup would cus any harm to your vehicle. i've yet to purchase because of chosen to buy wheels and springs first. but when i can afford it i'd like to do this setup.

Last edited by newCrossfire; 12-09-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:37 PM
TVT_DESIGN

The kit works. We have it on our shop car. Thank you HDDP for being so kind. Also look on benzworld.org there are several people running piggy back systems for this car, including a Neo, which is much older tech compared the the new AEM unit.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
The kit works. We have it on our shop car. Thank you HDDP for being so kind. Also look on benzworld.org there are several people running piggy back systems for this car, including a Neo, which is much older tech compared the the new AEM unit.
HDDP is just looking out for the forum members, down boy, Down!

TVT cand you post some pics to get our juices flowing?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Forum Regular

wow i actually suggested something people like??? wtf am i in the twilight zone?? lol. anyways the reason for the small shots is to keep it safe i was going to use 2 zex 2 stage kits with the rev limiter and 2 - 10 lb bottles i have an auto meter air fuel gauge sitting here with an oil presure gauge and a voltage cause of the stereo and add the fact im going to redo that and add another yellow topper hehe. but back to the juice, i just think it will give me the best bang for the buck without crazy mods and ballsy to say the least engine swaps ... hddp and latana lol. so a progressive low shot to stay safe for 2nd thru 5th gears seemed really reasonable and something i could hit the button on more often without worrying about "meltdown" i've used nitrous once before on a vw i had lol the stock motor put out 95 hp i did a bunch of work but never got it fast enough for my liking so i threw a 100 shot on it hehehehe that needless to say was dumb but it lasted quite some time before it was completely ratted out. now what does everyone think of the 4 shots and a cry 02 setup to chill the intake and the fuel? super cold super dense!!! hehe just some ideas while i'm still at the drawing board this will be the last time i do this car and i want to make a true crowd pleaser. i'm even gonna put neon lowglow lights on it... lol hope you didnt think i was serious. thanks for the upbeat input guys keep it coming any and all info would be greatly appreciated as always!

Old 12-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Forum Regular

run a zex wet 75 shot safe and good boost in power it will give you some nice torque numbers. trust me its safe i have it done and its been on for three months no problems check the plugs out make sure they are nice nice. good luck don't be scared of it though just have it done right and go with zex they have good systems that are fool proof basically and prevent backfires and what not, plus most reliable in my opinion.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
run a zex wet 75 shot safe and good boost in power it will give you some nice torque numbers. trust me its safe i have it done and its been on for three months no problems check the plugs out make sure they are nice nice. good luck don't be scared of it though just have it done right and go with zex they have good systems that are fool proof basically and prevent backfires and what not, plus most reliable in my opinion.
post pictures?