Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

BAS/ESP light comes on, inflation light is stuck on.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Unhappy BAS/ESP light comes on, inflation light is stuck on.

Many questions about the same thing : my BAS/ESP light.

Driving hard in a straight line in any gear, first or second or third wide open my car will nose dive and the light will come on. If I dont go to the floor I can easily go to 6000 in any gear and upshift to the next automatically. When it is to the floor regardless if the car is just started or fully warmed up it seems to make no difference. The engine justs sort of lets go and you have to restart the engine from a stop to get it to re-engage the transmission and get the throttle to operate again.

After much reading it seems that the problem may be related to the fact that the inflation light is on. This occured after I run on the track with limited crossfire wheels without sensors. I never thought much about this till the nose dive issue became apparent.

SO, how so I reset the durn inflation light?

1. Can I use a typical SCAN tool that plugs into the obdII connector?

2. Where is the OBDII connector located, did not find it in the shop manual.?

3. Has anyone else seen this event occure?

4.Does anyone have a method of resetting this indicator?

5.The price for a Crossfire scan tool looks like it is selling for about $4000 on ebay. Are there any better price options available.

6. What question should I have asked?

From the reading that I could find, the inflation helps input the data to the stability system. If I remove the fuses #18 and #18, NOTHING changes and the symptoms are identical.

I have to admit that Iam puzzled and can not believe that something as lame as tire inflation can not be reset to correct the light. My tires are 38# all around and have been 35# previously. Pulling the battery for 8 hours also does not change anything that I can see.

Comments are appreciated, answers are welcome. thanks Woody, Enjoy.

Oh yes I have just installed the johnson pump and LET H/E without any issue and fully believe that the IAT is not at issue. I.E. the car temp is not involved with the stability problem.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: BAS/ESP light comes on, inflation light is stuck on.

The BAS/ESP light on our 2004 coupe kept going on and off at unpredictable times right after we got it. After several trips to the dealer, they replaced the module and that fixed the problem.

That said, maybe it's your module?

Old 08-02-2018, 09:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BAS/ESP light comes on, inflation light is stuck on.

What module did they replace to fix BAS/ESP light on ? Someone else said it was a brake pump pressure sensor ? Anyone with any help on this ? Please !

Last edited by Ed Mahoney; 08-05-2018 at 10:02 AM.