Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

anyone familiar with tps

Old 06-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone familiar with tps

hi guys i am trying to figure out my nitrous, i have a zex kit and just installed all the wiring, power ground power to the arming switch and the wire off the box that goes to the output voltage wire off our cars tps. so i tried the yellow wire because i got a volt reading on it that fluctuated from lower numbers to higher when at wot. it needs to be a wire like that because it will activate the box at wot and not at anything else. it has instructions to follow to program the box so i did it and it worked, then before running the nitrous and fuel lines decided to make sure it was still good but the red light was on now instead of green and now it wont program agin, power is good, ground is good, the tps wires are snug i don't get it. am i using the wrong line, i don't think so. anyone have valuable info. here. now the box is clicking when i turn the power on and flashes every time i turn it on. do i have a bad connection or wrong line please help. i am getting power from my 12v ignition wire. that runs to the arming switch, seems to have power and everything just won't program now.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: anyone familiar with tps

What was the voltage range you were getting from the wire?
Originally Posted by tylerxfire
hi guys i am trying to figure out my nitrous, i have a zex kit and just installed all the wiring, power ground power to the arming switch and the wire off the box that goes to the output voltage wire off our cars tps. so i tried the yellow wire because i got a volt reading on it that fluctuated from lower numbers to higher when at wot. it needs to be a wire like that because it will activate the box at wot and not at anything else. it has instructions to follow to program the box so i did it and it worked, then before running the nitrous and fuel lines decided to make sure it was still good but the red light was on now instead of green and now it wont program agin, power is good, ground is good, the tps wires are snug i don't get it. am i using the wrong line, i don't think so. anyone have valuable info. here. now the box is clicking when i turn the power on and flashes every time i turn it on. do i have a bad connection or wrong line please help. i am getting power from my 12v ignition wire. that runs to the arming switch, seems to have power and everything just won't program now.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Forum Regular

good to go all figured out and hooked up. just needed to use the wire off the back of the gas pedal

Old 06-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

which wire was it? did you find the factory WOT switch wire?

Old 07-03-2015, 04:36 PM
bdh

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
good to go all figured out and hooked up. just needed to use the wire off the back of the gas pedal
So which wire was it
Need to know for my kit
Thanks

Old 07-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bdh
So which wire was it
Need to know for my kit
Thanks
I doubt you'll get your answer . . . You've posted on a thread that is 7 years old. Also Tylerxfire hasn't logged into the forum since July 2010. Just sayin' . . .

Old 07-03-2015, 05:32 PM
bdh

Thanks I guess I should've looked at the date