Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Part on Back-order until September?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part on Back-order until September?

Help! My 2005 Crossfire convertible has been in the local dealership shop for 2 1/2 weeks and I was told Monday that the computer they ordered for it is on back-order until September. I bought it in November with 12,000 miles and it has 18,500 miles now. I had no problems until 2 1/2 weeks ago when it started to lose acceleration and die whenever I stopped. I had just filled it up with Premium gas but the Chrysler Dealership I took it to doesn't think it's the gas that caused the problem. They replaced two fuel injectors and then a third one but that didn't fix the problem so they ordered the computer controller(?) for it and it was supposed to be in last week but they were informed this past Monday that it is on back-order until September. Is this normal for Crossfire parts and has anyone else had this type of problem? I wouldn't have been suspicious about the gas but when I went to pay for it, the cashier said she didn't know the premium pump was working again, that it had been out of order for two weeks because the tank had water in it - I told the service manager about that but he still said it's just a coincidence. The engine light came on shortly after I got the gas and that's also when it started to just putt-putt, even when I floored it. I am not happy about going the rest of the summer in the loaner mini-van the shop gave me. Any ideas?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Part on Back-order until September?

If it's under warranty still I'd tell them to give me a loaner and that I'd see them in September when the car's ready.

Last edited by Moparrbust; 07-16-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:50 PM
TVT_DESIGN
Default Re: Part on Back-order until September?

Shoot me a part number and I'll see if we can get it through MB. Or better yet give me a call and maybe I can suggest something.

732-649-9597
Anthony