Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Suprised From the SRT-6 Power, But...

Old 01-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Suprised From the SRT-6 Power, But...

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
Kid, you have a lot to learn if you think you can just do a fast and furious turn of the dial to increase the boost on this type of supercharger lmao.

Do your homework, go eat dinner (mom said it was ready) and then come back and start using that search button. Hell, half of your silly high school ricer questions could have been answered just by glancing at a few sigs and skimming through the srt6 forum.

My guess is you are around 14 or 15 years old and watched too many ricer movies, just do 5 minutes of searches on here and it will do wonders for your car knowledge.
I told you my age, you would know that if you took the time to read a thread before you visciously responded to it.

Bolt ons include headers, exhaust, air intakes, pulleys, etc. A part that upgrades a stock part without too much modification. Things like cams, porting and polishing, turbo setup, larger supercharger, stroking the engine, etc. is not considered a bolt on, and i want to know who has done any sort of these mods.

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest on the internet, i asked simply how and who's putting out big numbers. Is everyone here middle aged? This is starting to look alot like a Porsche forum to me. I'm trying to keep it civil here, you're making it really tough guys.

Last edited by Bazzy; 01-05-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bazzy
I told you my age, you would know that if you took the time to read a thread before you visciously responded to it.
Funny, we're telling you EXACTLY the same thing.
Had you looked around our Forum, and done a bit of research, you would have found out all about the different mods that people have done to their cars, and the output changes those mods have created.

Bolt ons include headers, exhaust, air intakes, pulleys, etc. A part that upgrades a stock part without too much modification. Things like cams, porting and polishing, turbo setup, larger supercharger, stroking the engine, etc. is not considered a bolt on, and i want to know who has done any sort of these mods.
Again, do some research.
Why you think you are entitled to just show up, and start demanding that we provide you with information that is already instantly available to you just by using the search feature, or better yet, reading the history of the forum, you would have the information you are looking for.

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest on the internet, i asked simply how and who's putting out big numbers. Is everyone here middle aged? This is starting to look alot like a Porsche forum to me. I'm trying to keep it civil here, you're making it really tough guys.
Nope, not everyone here is middle aged on here, you're just too young to get the idea that you should try doing something on your own, and not rely on other people to spoon feed you all the time.

Since we're all mostly older than you, we've long since grown past the need to be spoon fed every last little thing we want. You need to learn this talent, too, and the sooner you do it, the better off you will be in life.

BC.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I apoligize sir, here is the information you demanded:

Who is making real power on here (list of member names): skippymcdoo 590whp, earlthebigweinerjohnson 7,000whp, billybobsuperpowermanwilliams 2,193.11092whp and last but not least henry199.7 5,844.2whp

skippymcdoo is testing a large supercharger, it is about 47" and weighs 300lbs. I think he should call it a huge supercharger but he just calls it large.

aftermarket parts manufacturers:

www.crossfirebigpowerboltons.com
www.damnhugeasspowercrossfireturbosystems.com
www.camsforcrossfiresthatmakealottapower.com
www.westrokeyourcar.net
www.thisiscrossfirepowerpartsnotoldmanporscheparts .com
www.largesuperchargersforcrossfires.com
www.reallybigsuperchargersforcrossfires.com

Old 01-05-2009, 03:39 PM

Well i'm guessing since nobody responded with anything other than a put down or a demand for me to search that nobody has done any serious engine work. Thanks for the input guys, i'm glad you're all willing to help someone asking questions they couldn't find answers to.

By the way, yes i did search and i found alot of information, hardly any of it was useful though. Just a bunch of small talk about people wanting this or people thinking of that, the eaton charger thread was informative at least. There was absolutely no need for the snide remarks. Thanks everyone. A mod can close this, it's not going anywhere.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:41 PM

Well i'm guessing since nobody responded with anything other than a put down or a demand for me to search that nobody has done any serious engine work. Thanks for the input guys, i'm glad you're all willing to help someone asking questions they couldn't find answers to.

By the way, yes i did search and i found alot of information, hardly any of it was useful though. Just a bunch of small talk about people wanting this or people thinking of that, the eaton charger thread was informative at least. There was absolutely no need for the snide remarks. Thanks everyone. A mod can close this, it's not going anywhere.
I have some semi-serious engine work. I make my srt6 motor do construction on comedy clubs on the weekends. It is serious that it is construction but funny that it is a comedy club, hence the semi-serious engine work.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bladecutter
Funny, we're telling you EXACTLY the same thing.
Had you looked around our Forum, and done a bit of research, you would have found out all about the different mods that people have done to their cars, and the output changes those mods have created.

Again, do some research.
Why you think you are entitled to just show up, and start demanding that we provide you with information that is already instantly available to you just by using the search feature, or better yet, reading the history of the forum, you would have the information you are looking for.

Nope, not everyone here is middle aged on here, you're just too young to get the idea that you should try doing something on your own, and not rely on other people to spoon feed you all the time.

Since we're all mostly older than you, we've long since grown past the need to be spoon fed every last little thing we want. You need to learn this talent, too, and the sooner you do it, the better off you will be in life.

BC.
A very wise person, listen to bladecutter. He is 100% correct, everything you have asked, then edited and re-asked then backtracked and asked again could have been answered by reading a few threads on the site.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:23 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Is it just me or do none of the above sites work???
Might be cuz I'm at work and I'm older than Bazzy.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:29 AM

LMFAO! That is ashame! You guys are rough!

Old 01-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea you're right, swapping in such a crappy motor would be blasphemy. Tell that to the countless RX7s, miatas, 240s, 280s, 350zs, chevelles, mustangs, stolstices, skys, colorados, just about every car you can think of who have shoved an LSx under the hood.
I don't think anyone said the motor was crap, just that it would be a massive hassle. You would have to modify everything, and you would be left with a dragster that doesn't want to turn. Why not buy a c5 z06, that comes with an LS2 from the factory. Unless you were doing all the fabrication yourself the work would cost more than the car. How many cars have you modified so far?

Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
I don't think anyone said the motor was crap, just that it would be a massive hassle. You would have to modify everything, and you would be left with a dragster that doesn't want to turn. Why not buy a c5 z06, that comes with an LS2 from the factory. Unless you were doing all the fabrication yourself the work would cost more than the car. How many cars have you modified so far?
I am sure he will come back with some sort of laundry list of cars he has suposedly "built" but from his posts it appears he has zero car knowledge other than what he has seen in the movies lol.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:40 PM
THREE 6S

Originally Posted by mrphotoman

ROTF LMFAO!! Oh, oh, oh I just caught a side pain.....

Old 01-06-2009, 02:30 PM

If i wanted an lsx powered car id trade the crossfire for a Vette tomorrow and save the $ and headaches of fitment, fabrications, and wiring.

BTW, that breakdancin' cat has some mad vtak skills yo!

Old 01-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely going to go with, yeah he's 23 (supposedly) but should probably grow up a little more

"This is feeling like the porsche forums"

Thats what happens when you take a vehicle that used to have a 40k+ MSRP the depreciates to the point where younger buyer's can realistically afford one. You're mixing the generation that grew up with sitting in their garage with a Dodge Vega or some crud, staring at a timing light, and spending maybe 3 hours of your day to get a little bit of horsepower... THAT'S the spirit of car modification that has been lost since....oh i'd say when 2Fast2Furious came out...(the original one at least had the beautiful example of Detroit muscle at the end.) with the younger generation that is used to letting a real person do the R&D, then having some Chinese people on ebay make it for less, and it bolts right on (CAI's anyone?).

My generation (yes i'm 19, but I try to claim Gen-X'ers as little as possible ) really needs to think about what they're saying before they spout some crap like "cars are my passion" or "i'm a car guy"...no, you're a" neon lights, VTEC, 'I want to just buy something that does the work for me, oh and I dont want to install it, and it should be cheap, and it should make 5 million horsepower out of my 1.8 liter 4 cylinder'" guy.

I dont call myself a "car guy" and it doesn't sound like you should either, car guys (to me anyways) are the people that look at a mod that's already on the market, or a stock part, and say to themselves....I have a better idea! Then they go and try it, and it either turns out terribly, or amazingly, and either way they're happy because all the grease on your hands makes you feel so much better about your day.

From the sounds of what YOU want...I'd say look on craigslist or ebay, find a car that someone has already built up, and buy it, then don't touch it.

In summary, if the idea of cracking your knuckle on a manifold because you were messing with a stuck bolt, then going back to it anyways, only to hit it again, doesn't sound appealing, then i'd say stick with bolton's or go buy a better starting platform.

(I realize this became more of a rant on my generation calling themselves "car guys" than anything, but oh well, still posting it because I'm mad tuner like that.)

Last edited by brian_omeara07; 01-07-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:13 PM

I don't really want to add fuel to this fire but... None of yall even know me or how many cars i've worked on. Actually, i'm more into trucks and i've done just about everything you can imagine to my last Tacoma. I have torn down the engine in my current car to find the problem but couldn't get to the bottom end without an engine lift, then rebuilt it and gave it to my shop. Don't even bother responding to this, i'm cancelling my account. I don't want to be a part of a circle jerk, i'll find out all the information on my own if i even buy an SRT-6. And to me and the rest of the world, changing your oil doesn't make you a badass. Get off your high horse.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was argueing against the oil change = badass theory, and none of that was directed directly towards you, just the new "car guy" theme that i'm seeing.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:47 AM

I don't really want to add fuel to this fire but... None of yall even know me or how many cars i've worked on. Actually, i'm more into trucks and i've done just about everything you can imagine to my last Tacoma. I have torn down the engine in my current car to find the problem but couldn't get to the bottom end without an engine lift, then rebuilt it and gave it to my shop. Don't even bother responding to this, i'm cancelling my account. I don't want to be a part of a circle jerk, i'll find out all the information on my own if i even buy an SRT-6. And to me and the rest of the world, changing your oil doesn't make you a badass. Get off your high horse.
Lol in every post you change your story about what you are "in to" and what you know. Make up your mind then come back and make up some more lies to tell us.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bazzy,

You have to understand that only about 3000 crossfire SRT6 models were made. We are enthusiasts, yet not necessarily drag superstars. If our level of modification evolution is not enough for you, perhaps you really should look elsewhere. Most of the cars on here are driven daily, and mere bolt ons do what the owners request. These bolt ons add to the "Smiles" per gallon the driver experiences.

That's all anyone I've met wants.

-Alex