Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Ansa Muffler

Old 02-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ansa Muffler

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
its just INFO....take it or leave it...there's always something cheaper in this world, but cheaper isn't always better is it?...so take it or leave it alone....
and Steve, did you also do the resonator delete when you had this muffler installed?....
No, I didn't ...

Old 02-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

good info to know, that you can get a rich sound without deleting the resonator, but I would like to do both, delete resonator and get a new muffler, thanks for the information...

Old 02-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can easily find a magnaflow muffler in the $100 price range with a search on ebay, at performancepeddler and at dotcomparts.

there is nothing wrong with your ansa muffler, there is nothing wrong with suggesting to members they may be able to find it cheaper by searching.

Last edited by mrphotoman; 02-01-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
lmao, do a search. i have posted it several times. you can easily find a magnaflow muffler in the $100 price range with a 1 second search on ebay, at performancepeddler and at dotcomparts. i doubt everyone is so helpless on the net that they can not search this forum or do a google which takes less than 1 second to do.

there is nothing wrong with your ansa muffler, there is nothing wrong with suggesting to members they may be able to find it cheaper by searching.

grow up tough guy, i do not know if you are making some money off your "sale" thread. it sure sounds like it by how passionate you are over me mentioning that someone may be able to find it cheaper.

as for someone insinuating that magnaflow is not a quality muffler, that is funny lol.
Peformance Peddler does not have a Magnaflow for a Crossfire for $100 ...
and, if someone can find one for that amount from any source, it will be a first ...

If you or anyone else can find an Ansa at a better price than I paid, they should pay the lesser price and save money ... and should pass that knowledge along to members of the forum, as I have done, so that they can do likewise ...

I have no idea who has insinuated that Magnaflow is not a quality product ... such an insinuation would be misleading ...

as for your statement "grow up tough guy" ... I have no idea what triggered that, except for your own latent hostility ...

Old 02-01-2009, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by SteveS
Peformance Peddler does not have a Magnaflow for a Crossfire for $100 ...
and, if someone can find one for that amount from any source, it will be a first ...

If you or anyone else can find an Ansa at a better price than I paid, they should pay the lesser price and save money ... and should pass that knowledge along to members of the forum, as I have done, so that they can do likewise ...

I have no idea who has insinuated that Magnaflow is not a quality product ... such an insinuation would be misleading ...

as for your statement "grow up tough guy" ... I have no idea what triggered that, except for your own latent hostility ...
here you go: 1 second to search on ebay:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

$116 or best offer. I offered $109 shipped and he took it.

here you go, performance peddler DOES HAVE IT:
http://www.performancepeddler.com/de...CT_ID=MAG14221

here you go, dotcomparts DOES HAVE IT:

http://dotcomparts.com/ and enter 14221 in the search field.

Now that took me approximately 10 seconds total including the time to paste it in this thread.

Hope that helps!

That is the actual muffler I use on my CROSSFIRE.

search on here for the base and limited crossfire to find the muffler part then do the legwork yourself.

Last edited by mrphotoman; 02-01-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Forum Regular

For those who have an interest in an ANSA muffler, see my original post in this thread ... or, do your own search and try to improve on the price I and two others negotiated with ANSA ...

For those who have no interest in ANSA, but want to go with Magnaflow, MrPhotoMan has quite a bit of information that may be of interest to you.

I have considerable doubt that I will make an attempt to share information in this forum again ...

In doing so in this case, I was trying to pass along information that I felt would be of interest to others ... that feeling was based on a number of threads that have been posted by others over the course of the last two years ... I was also trying to reciprocate to the group for a lot of information that I have been able to glean from threads in this forum dating back several years ... and for that wealth of information, I am thankful.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:49 PM

you may indeed have the best price out there for that model of muffler. why not post up what the model number is so everyone can do the research and find out for themselves so they can indeed get the best price.

if you are indeed simply trying to help out the members then post up the model number, some sound clips of it on your car and they can take it from there.

i am sure the ansa is a good option for these cars, there is nothing wrong with having another part to chose from. thanks for posting up the info.

Last edited by mrphotoman; 02-01-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Forum Regular

The mufler I bought from ANSA is their

# UN0827 - IT Uniiversal Performance Muffler

It is slightly longer than the stock Crossfire muffler and it required a slight mod to the pipe leading into the muffler ... it took my muffler guy less than 5 minutes to make that mod ...

I have no means of generating sound bits to post, but I DID reference posts by LantanaTX who installed on on his car and posted 3 different sound clips in this forum some time back ... his sound clips are very similar to how mine sounds, except that they are a bit 'tinny' due to limitations in his recording ... actual sound is richer and deeper, as I mentioned in other posts ...

Old 02-01-2009, 04:12 PM

Here is a clip of the ANSA on a crossfire.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaKpmSavffk[/MEDIA]

This is by no means a cheap route, it's not intended to be. The muffler is made in Italy with only a certain number exported to the US yearly.

ANSA has a series of different lines, one of which being a OEM replacement line. This is the line you're seeing on Ebay that is dirt cheap. This should not be confused with the sport line.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Forum Regular

SteveS, thanks for passing the info on to us! Ansa's have never been the least expensive option, NEVER.
If I remember right when I put Ansa's (muffler and tips only they didn't have Cat converters back then) on my 72 & 74 Alfas it was about $400 to $500 and that was over 30 years ago, so the $200 to me is a good deal.

Again thanks for the info

Old 02-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheDon
Here is a clip of the ANSA on a crossfire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaKpmSavffk

This is by no means a cheap route, it's not intended to be. The muffler is made in Italy with only a certain number exported to the US yearly.
ANSA has a series of different lines, one of which being a OEM replacement line. This is the line you're seeing on Ebay that is dirt cheap. This should not be confused with the sport line.
that is the first of the three clips that Lantana posted of his car ...

for what it's worth ... regular price for the muffler we got is $335.88 so to say it is not a cheap route is certainly true ... we have tried to make something positive available to the group but, anyone who feels they can do better elsewhere or who feels they would prefer some other alternative, should certainly feel free to pursue their own choices

Old 02-01-2009, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by TheDon
I think this is the issue we need to consider, lets start comparing the actual model number of the muffler that will fit on our car with what is out there. Since SteveS spoke to Ansa about it I'm sure that he is refering to the correct sport model of muffler, and obviously we dont want the lame oem replacement, so lets get the model number out there and start searching out there for any alternative sellers besides the Ansa deal that SteveS mentioned. Maybe we'll find a cheaper place maybe not, lets just post any findings so we can all take advantage of it.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:36 PM

Hi,

I was wondering, is this just a muffler, or is it a full catback exhaust system?

Thanks,
CoolB

Old 02-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Forum Regular

muffler ...

Old 02-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveS
the muffler is not Crossfire-specific ... it is a universal type that is very close to being a direct replacement.

I had it installed at a local muffler shop where the guy took a quick look, took off the original muffler, cut off a short section of tailpipe, replaced it with a new piece from his stock, put in the new muffler (which is a couple of inches longer than the original) and added a hanger to the rear of the muffler that would fit into the mount for the original hanger ... the whole job took no more than 40 minutes and he charged me $50

I'm very happy with the results ... the sound is exactly what I'd hoped for, there is NO drone at any RPM, and the only difference in appearance is the round tips instead of stock ...
Steve,
I want to thank you for sharing this info here.

As a result I have purchased the same muffler for my 04 Coupe and look forward to the new sound it will provide.

Gary

Ansa Muffler-ansa-dsc_0914.jpg

Old 02-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Steve, I want to thank you for sharing this info here.
As a result I have purchased the same muffler for my 04 Coupe and look forward to the new sound it will provide.
Gary

Thank YOU, sir .... I look forward to your reaction when you first turn the key after the installation is completed ... and, I sincerely hope you are as happy with the results as I have been ...

Old 02-17-2009, 04:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke to Gary last night and he will give me his take on the muffler. I currently have a magnaflow but would like to get rid of the drone. Gary has driven my car and will advise me of the difference in the sound and drone. If indeed it has no drone and good sound I will be purchasing this muffler.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Forum Regular

That's a great sound coming from that clip. Anxiously awaiting Valkryders update

Old 02-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoke to Steve on the phone today and decided to purchase the ANSA. Should arrive the first of next week. Since I currently have a magnaflow on my car I will be able to tell those interested in the sound difference and drone issue.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please do let us know. Also was the drone in the magnaflow that bad or was it tolerable and you wanted something with a better note?

Does this mean the magnaflow will be available for sale??? :-)

Quick Reply: Ansa Muffler