Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

I did the ultimate mod for a crossfire (V8)

Old 03-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: I did the ultimate mod for a crossfire (V8)

Originally Posted by JimmySkullz
Awesome!! You are going to need AWD in there, or at least a wheelie bar if you can get those tires to bite!
And maybe run side exhaust and mount a parachute where the muffler was

Old 03-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Received 214 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaner
Jim... you car will be amazing on and off the track. The problem is going to be traction, but I know you will be putting a fat set of slicks on there so it might be able to put the power to the ground. I would be proud to line up against you and loose by a little.

I have still not been able to see what my can do and I have been VERY impressed so far. Might even take it out today and take a trip over the boarder to get some cheap fuel!

Edit: I forgot to end it with EH!
beaner you should come to fl, where the weather is the best in the world,, we could go to the strip and have our run,, i don't know that you would loose,, just think two v8 crossfires running each other, go all over the U S and Canada .. the tracks would addvertise us like this ,

this weekend at BLANK raceway we are having two yes two , V8 crossfires running at our speedway two of 3 V8 crossfires from Accelerated ind. come on down and injoy the show. car show $15.00, spectator $10 drag race $20.00 gates open 9 am close midnight Sat & Sun.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I really think Paul and Lantana would make it to that event also. all 4 V8 crossfires in north america going head to head....

Last edited by Beaner; 03-05-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaner
I really think Paul and Lantana would make it to that event also. all 4 V8 crossfires in north america going head to head....
Paul would need a roll cage to be able to put it on the track, but it sure would be something to see all 4 of them in one day. I would be there for sure.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Paul would need a roll cage to be able to put it on the track, ...
We would just let Paul line up first. They have no idea what the times down the track will be. Stock, limited does well over 13 sec... they will let that go down the track in a roadster! Get in one pass down the track anyways haha

Old 03-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you are all going to need a roll cage. Isn't 11.5secs the limit for coupes?
Those V8 SRT's should be under that.....

Old 03-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like fun! Can't Paul just show them the roll bars behind each head rest?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
I would be there for sure.
Me too!

Old 03-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeR
I think you are all going to need a roll cage. Isn't 11.5secs the limit for coupes?
Those V8 SRT's should be under that.....
Yes, at the tracks I've run at 11.49 is the limit for a roll cage. I think it is like 8 points at 11.49 and 12 point at like 8.99 or something ridiculous like that.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
Yes, at the tracks I've run at 11.49 is the limit for a roll cage. I think it is like 8 points at 11.49 and 12 point at like 8.99 or something ridiculous like that.
not here on wed and friday night test and tune ,, we have cars running in the 10's with out a roll cage my friend with the trail blazer ss runs 11.20 . jim

Old 03-06-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by amx1397
not here on wed and friday night test and tune ,, we have cars running in the 10's with out a roll cage my friend with the trail blazer ss runs 11.20 . jim
Wow, that's pretty crazy. The tracks I've been to haven't been that lenient. Atco, Maryland International, and Houston Raceway Park....they are all pretty strict about sticking to NHRA regulations.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:41 AM

Wow, that's pretty crazy. The tracks I've been to haven't been that lenient. Atco, Maryland International, and Houston Raceway Park....they are all pretty strict about sticking to NHRA regulations.
they are very lenient on wed and friday only go there for an event and you get the once over and then again. jim

Old 03-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have found all test and tune nights are pretty lenient for those 10 seconds and up. They look a little closer if faster. We have some IHRA tracks, that believe, it is your life, drive it....lol

Old 03-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I've gotta tell you Jim, I think if you can keep it out of the wall, low 10's. But we all know how tricky a short wheelbase car can be. If you reach 500 hp at the wheels you may have to upgrade your fuel rail and injectors. But I guess Rudy is already on top of it.

Les

Old 03-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by velociabstract
I've gotta tell you Jim, I think if you can keep it out of the wall, low 10's. But we all know how tricky a short wheelbase car can be. If you reach 500 hp at the wheels you may have to upgrade your fuel rail and injectors. But I guess Rudy is already on top of it.

Les
Jim has the experience, and I am sure RUBY is tuning this V-8 for Jim's passion. As far as the roadster goes, Paul would get his one run in. They wouldn't say a thing until he showed his first track time. I know, I have been banned before. Go back 2 months later, same thing, one run and done....what a show that would be, all 4 at one track. We at least have to make this happen at the dragon sometime. I still think our friends in TN, need to find us a track to rent while we are at the dragon. It would be some fun...keep us posted RUBY, Paul, and Jim...love to see the build.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I still think our friends in TN, need to find us a track to rent while we are at the dragon. It would be some fun...keep us posted RUBY, Paul, and Jim...love to see the build.
THUNDER VALLEY!!! bristol motor raceway. baddest 1/4 mile in the land! you can hear the engines bouncing off the mountains for miles! only about 1.5 hr from the dragon.

have RUBY check out ttm motorsports. they just unveiled a new fuel rail setup that virtually eliminates any lean conditions in #5 or 8 cylinders which is what the v8 guys have had issue with. jerry just tuned a car with it and the setup got rave reviews.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by velociabstract

Les
I definitely agree that 10s are possible if you can get traction.

...I don't know if upgraded injectors and a fuel rail are needed at 500whp. There are quite a few E55 guys running around 550whp that haven't upgraded their fuel rail/injectors.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:26 AM

Jim, the build is looking insane, a big congrats on this one...

I have been following with some of the SCed V8 news out there and am wondering if I missed something. Have you guys figured out what to do with the rear end so you are not blowing them up with this kiind of power?

Old 03-07-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Jim, the build is looking insane, a big congrats on this one...

I have been following with some of the SCed V8 news out there and am wondering if I missed something. Have you guys figured out what to do with the rear end so you are not blowing them up with this kiind of power?
do you remember reading this one on the rear end. we will have it in June this year. jim
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...2-srt-6-a.html

Old 03-07-2011, 10:09 AM

...I don't know if upgraded injectors and a fuel rail are needed at 500whp. There are quite a few E55 guys running around 550whp that haven't upgraded their fuel rail/injectors.
the biggest issue is lean conditions in the rear cylinders. this thread is a great read and jerry (imo THE BEST TUNER!) has been all over it. i emailed them and they will even do this for us lowly v6 guys!!
TTM Injector and Fuel Rail – 3rd Party Review!! - MBWorld.org Forums

Quick Reply: I did the ultimate mod for a crossfire (V8)