Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Fuel injector cleaner

Old 06-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel injector cleaner

I'm not in the habit of promoting products.....but this one actually works great.
Liqui Moly 2007 Jectron Gasoline Fuel Injection Cleaner - 300 ml
I've been using it in all my newer vehicles for several years. I get it from Amazon.
German engineered........our Cooper S loves the stuff. I just dumped in a can in my newly acquired 2004 Xfire. What impressed me the most is the dramatic improvement it made in my 2007 Chevy pickup.
This is just an honest opinion of a fuel injector product that actually works !

Old 06-16-2016, 07:36 AM
Received 538 Likes on 426 Posts
Default Re: Fuel injector cleaner

Originally Posted by oldmercman
I'm not in the habit of promoting products.....but this one actually works great.
I've been using it in all my newer vehicles for several years. I get it from Amazon.
German engineered........our Cooper S loves the stuff. I just dumped in a can in my newly acquired 2004 Xfire. What impressed me the most is the dramatic improvement it made in my 2007 Chevy pickup.
Thanks for the recommendation. I've used Gumout products for years in my high mileage vehicles with no adverse effects noted. May consider this for the Crossfire in the near future.

Later,

Old 06-16-2016, 07:40 AM

I normally buy it through Amazon.........check out the reviews of this product

Old 06-16-2016, 07:54 AM
Received 538 Likes on 426 Posts

I normally buy it through Amazon.........check out the reviews of this product

I saved it to my Automotive Care list in Amazon account.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:52 PM
Received 399 Likes on 342 Posts

One pint of kerosene added to a full tank of gas will do a fantastic job. Those fuel injector cleaners are a grade of kerosene with a huge markup applied.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:02 PM

Liqui Moly has the convenience factor with a nice pour spout...no fuss or mess........not doubting that kerosene may work,
but I'll stick with what I know works. Couple of treatments a year won't break me........

Old 06-16-2016, 03:55 PM
Received 399 Likes on 342 Posts

Just know, for the benefit of many, there ARE alternatives.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:47 PM

For sure.....there must at least 2 dozen varieties out there......I even tried the Royal Purple but it didn't yield as good results . Gumout, Seafoam and many others offer different levels of effectiveness. I just sharing my personal results
an making a recommendation.....opinions.....and you know what they say about them........

Old 06-16-2016, 08:04 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

Call me a cynic but 300ml in a tank of gas is pretty well insignificant in my humble opinion. The liquid would be so diluted as to be useless.
Gas these days has enough additives to counteract contaminants and the combustion process. If you are having trouble use another brand of gas. I never add anything to gas and oil, others get swayed by advertising and feel obliged to say they felt an improvement. One poster on here said he could feel extra power just using another oil in his engine, his a$$ could put dynos out of business if true.

Save

Old 06-16-2016, 08:46 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

'07 Owner's Manual: "Use of additional detergents or other additives is not needed under normal conditions and would result in unnecessary cost. Therefore, you should not have to add anything to the fuel."

ps I have a couple of bottles of "Octane Booster" They may increase octane by almost one point.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:15 PM

.........what is normal anymore.....E10 "corn gas" with varied additives and octane ratings?...The fuel trucks dump whatever they're hauling and label it at the pumps! You have no idea as to what you're actually getting. I only
started this post to relate personal experience........not to start a pissing contest ! My bad....won't happen again !

Old 06-16-2016, 10:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.........what is normal anymore.....E10 "corn gas" with varied additives and octane ratings?...The fuel trucks dump whatever they're hauling and label it at the pumps! You have no idea as to what you're actually getting. I only
started this post to relate personal experience........not to start a pissing contest ! My bad....won't happen again !
Everyone's opinion is welcome here, so, keep pi$$ing !! 😉 besides, it gives us a break from answering all those boring technical questions.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:06 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Chevron Techron took my 2000 Olds intrigue from a cocktail mixer at stop lights to smooth as silk... The 1/4 tank fuel and dump bottle method suggested on the label. All I needed to see to be a lifetime customer..

Old 06-17-2016, 07:27 PM

I'm a real seafoam fanboy. I ran four straight tanks of gas with seafoam just before I was getting my cams welded on my Taurus SHO. The guy who was doing the job said he had never seen a top end that clean before, and he had done over 100 of these weld jobs

I got a fantastic deal an inboard boat that was running very poorly. Two cans of seafood later, the boat was running perfectly.

I use a can about every six fills on all my vehicles. These products really do work.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aqsw
I'm a real seafoam fanboy. I ran four straight tanks of gas with seafoam just before I was getting my cams welded on my Taurus SHO. The guy who was doing the job said he had never seen a top end that clean before, and he had done over 100 of these weld jobs

I got a fantastic deal an inboard boat that was running very poorly. Two cans of seafood later, the boat was running perfectly.

I use a can about every six fills on all my vehicles. These products really do work.
You used two cans of seafood? smells a little fishy to me ! 😂

Last edited by kingdavid54; 06-17-2016 at 08:34 PM.