Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Wiring... help!

Old 10-25-2016, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring... help!

Recently I was unable to use my car for a month-and-a-half. Finally got everything I needed and it won't start. I looked under the hood and it turns out a rat has been living under there and ate some wiring. I'm trying to figure out which wire/sensor it is to repurchase. Pictures will be included.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:10 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Wiring... help!

Just cut the shielding back, cut both wires clean and strip, get a big piece of shrink wrap and 2 small pieces for each connection.
Twist same colors together again and solder. Cover with the 2 small SW's, then the big SW.
Job done for less that $10.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:40 PM
Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

That is actually an injector, not a sensor. As mentioned, a repair should be possible.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:09 PM
Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

you got lucky!

that is a decently easy repair, yes, as mentioned above, just cut out the bad section and solder in a patch, don't forget to slide on the shrink wrap before you solder the patch wire in.

if you decide you want a new repair harness to use instead of repairing your existing end, it would be $23 shipped OEM but you would still need to solder that on, so you might as well just repair existing.

if you are afraid of soldering, a local radio installation shop should be able to fix this for you in just a few minutes. maybe you can bribe one of the workers there to come by after work and repair it for you at your place, just print out the pictures and show the tech there at the audio shop. audio techs work cheaper than mechanics in most cases and probably have a ton more experience soldering wires as they do it all day long.

oh ya, grab the shop vac and suck up all that crap on the motor!!! give her some love

Old 10-25-2016, 06:18 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

too bad you didn't start the motor at that exact moment he bit down......ohchewawa.....