Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Pierburg CWA50 chargecooler water pump

Old 04-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pierburg CWA50 chargecooler water pump

Hi there,

I was playing with 2 Pierburg CWA chargecooler pumps today. I did want to find out if two CWA50 pumps in series are more powerfull than a single CWA50 when runnnig in conjunction with a SRT6 / SK32 chargecooler. Itīs important for me to see things in real world and not in theory.

Hopefully you can see and hear the difference.

For those who don`t know: the Pierburg CWA50 pump is a much more powerfull (and quieter operating) water pump than the stock Bosch SRT6 pump and even the Bosch Mercedes SL55 pump. It`s a real low pressure volume pump used on Audi`s, BMW`s and VW`s aplications.

For a good comparison see here.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...w-about-5.html

You will find the CWA50 pump for about 50 dollar (used) in Germany.

7P0965567 | eBay

Another good thing about these pumps: they have a very short delay when starting / before drawing full amps. So you don`t need a relay when running them,

My plans: I will replace the stock bosch pump with a CWA50 pump and adding the 2nd CWA50 pump in series activated by a switch in the cabin. Good thing: I can use the second pump only when necessary on demand – for example on german autobahn runs and my wife don`t overstresses the system while cruising (2nd pump off).

I like the idea of a second pump activated by an ordinary switch: you can easily vaporate the system on separated systems and run the pump even when the car is parked and the engine has been switched off.

Steven

Berlin Germany

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bosch vs pierburg.jpg (184.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by No2fast; 04-02-2017 at 03:08 PM.