Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Replacing bearing on tensioner pulley

Old 10-21-2017, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing bearing on tensioner pulley

I pulled the tensioner pulley off of the assembly to swap out the bearing. Seems that the pulley assembly is molded around the bearing, so I can't see how it could be done without damaging the pulley (unless I'm dense and missing an obvious solution).
So now I'm looking to buy a replacement pulley but can't find any without buying a whole new assembly. Does anyone know a part # for it or a place I could purchase one? Checked RockAuto and the usual suspects with no luck.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:16 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: Replacing bearing on tensioner pulley

Personally I would find a good price for the whole assembly and be done with it. There are more parts to wear out than the pulley bearing.

James

Old 10-21-2017, 11:50 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: Replacing bearing on tensioner pulley

Originally Posted by xodus52
I pulled the tensioner pulley off of the assembly to swap out the bearing. Seems that the pulley assembly is molded around the bearing, so I can't see how it could be done without damaging the pulley (unless I'm dense and missing an obvious solution).
So now I'm looking to buy a replacement pulley but can't find any without buying a whole new assembly. Does anyone know a part # for it or a place I could purchase one? Checked RockAuto and the usual suspects with no luck.
You can replace the pulley by itself, it is the same pulley as the idler pulley according to one post I found. Pulleys are available at auto parts suppliers. There is nothing special about these pulleys.