Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Crank to Flywheel Problems

Old 11-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Crank to Flywheel Problems

Hello everybody. This is my first post on any forum EVER, so try to go easy on me. ;P Recently, I picked up a manual, limited '05 XF with 94k miles and a blown engine. (The previous owner had a custom intake on the vehicle, so when she drove it through some pretty deep water, it hydro-locked, snapped a connecting rod, and put a couple holes in the block). I've since then pulled the engine, cleaned the bay, and prepped another engine for install. Here's the issue I'm having; the engine I purchased is out of an automatic 2002 C320, which means that the crankshaft will not correctly mount to my flywheel and clutch assembly. Let me get to the point: should I install a crankshaft out of a manual Crossfire, or should I attempt to modify the flywheel to fit? I'd hate to have to open a perfectly good engine up to do a crank replacement, but I am worried that modifying the flywheel may lead to balance issues. Any suggestions?