Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

new tuners

Old 04-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new tuners

just thought i'd throw this out there. thinking about getting some cams, these are expensive, but there aren't many other options. also, there is a pulley kit on evosport for only 380 dollars. some good stuff here, check it out,

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...3&page=1&pp=10

www.evosport.com

Old 04-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Default Re: new tuners

everyone complains about performance parts, i post some, no one cares? pulley kit is 380 for 13 hp. i think thats the best bang for your buck mod for this car yet. if you have that and the ecu your starting to get some real performance, at least 240 crank hp. if hotshot ever makes our headers and we get cams and high flow cats, you could be talkin 270 easy. then all of a sudden people who spend 24 on this car look real good, 270hp for 28 grand with mods.

Old 04-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Epyon

that's a mercedes site, do you know everything will fit?

evosport doesn't have anything on the site for Mercedes or Chrysler.

Old 04-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by x'ed
everyone complains about performance parts, i post some, no one cares? pulley kit is 380 for 13 hp. i think thats the best bang for your buck mod for this car yet. if you have that and the ecu your starting to get some real performance, at least 240 crank hp. if hotshot ever makes our headers and we get cams and high flow cats, you could be talkin 270 easy. then all of a sudden people who spend 24 on this car look real good, 270hp for 28 grand with mods.
I actually think this pulley kit is really cool. I emailed evosports to get some information about it. But I mostly post on www.crossfirecommunity.net nowadays.

Old 04-13-2005, 11:21 PM

epyon, because the engine is exactly the same and yes, evosport has a ton of stuff for the 3.2 engine.

http://www.evosport.com/product/defa...px#179evosport. thanks xethw, i might be leaving this sight soon too, people are just annoying here now.

Old 04-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Epyon

this is the pulley i found.

http://www.evosport.com/product/prod...VO.PER.M70.PK1

Old 04-14-2005, 12:14 AM

yeah, thats the right part. fact is 380, 13 hp, good deal.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:28 AM
Banned

I'm in Calif. so i'm going to call them today and ask them fax me all their performance mods for a 3.2.

Thanks for the info.

very interested in this 13 hp without any problems! I have had my ECU done and with this would really make a difference!

Is this a hard thing to do myself? Install I mean.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:26 AM

Hey x'ed,

Just because we did'nt post doesn't mean we don't care! I took a look at the link you provided, very interesting. I know I probably sound like a weenie, but how does installing this affect the warranty? I would love to be able install the mods you have listed to boost hp to 250+! However, my Crossfire isn't just a toy for me, it's my daily driver.

What would be the most practical mods for me to do to boost hp, but without voiding the warranty or greatly affecting reliability? Thanks for posting the info!

Last edited by bartinmi; 04-14-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:35 PM

well any mod has a chance at voiding your warranty if the dealership can prove that mod was specifically responsible for causing whatever problem you are claiming. but say your power windows stopped working, they are going to have a hard time proving your cams caused that to happen.

as far as practicality is concerned, cams are a pretty hard core mod in some cases. they can make you idle unstable and you motor louder, but i doubt these cams are that extreme. pulley's are probably the most practical. all they do is put less wasted power toward your accesories, like ac, so they dont steal power from your engine. i just woke up, so im pretty sure this was a crappy explanation. ill try and do better later.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:20 PM

Thanks for the reply Mike. I have a black six speed also.

Old 04-18-2005, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Root
I'm in Calif. so i'm going to call them today and ask them fax me all their performance mods for a 3.2.

Thanks for the info.

very interested in this 13 hp without any problems! I have had my ECU done and with this would really make a difference!

Is this a hard thing to do myself? Install I mean.
Dan,

Did you hear anything back from them?

Old 05-04-2005, 02:25 PM

It's been my experience with one pulley that you can go hit or miss. What I mean is that if your running a stereo system you may drain more power than what your underfed alternator can produce or if one day you leave your lights on over night you may have to get a new battery. Also if you idle alot the car will not charge the battery on idle. I went threw this in my 300m I got sick of it and got the crossfire. Now some of may have had good experiences and disagree and I would like to hear what you have to say as well. My suggestion would be to see if anyone make a full pulley kit (more than just the crank pulley).