Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Newbie, need help !

Old 10-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie, need help !

Hello all, I wish I had better circumstances to post, but my daughters 05' crossfire in dire need of some good advice.
Long story short, her both key fobs would not work, she tried the door key lock only to find it would not open.
To be honest we never tried the lock cyl. when she got the car, only used the fob.
She had to call a locksmith to break into her car, which he did and it set off the alarm.
Since she could not re set the alarm by the fob or the key the immobilizer would not let it start.
I tried to hard boot the ecu by disconnecting the battery but to no avail.
I dont know if these is a set number of times you can attempt to start it before the ecu shuts down, but now it refuses to start at all.
Before it would run for a second before the immobilizer shut it down, now it does nothing.
We had it towed to a dealer who gave her an estimate of $6,000 !!
Sounds like he is using the shotgun repair approach, fire as wide as possible to see if he can hit the problem.
He wants to order the following SKREEM module...2 key fobs...PCM...relay module...door lock
I am having the car towed home today, i will have time to mess with it...
Any ideas ??
Greg

Old 10-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Newbie, need help !

I'm a newbie here myself...since July of this year. This is a great forum to help in diagnosing issues that come up with these cars. What you're describing could be 1 of 2 issues. The siren located under the modesty panel below the windshield and or the module in the trunk well.

Read through this link to better inform/zero in on a source of your problem.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...shing-fix.html

Good luck and DO report back.

Regards,

Old 10-05-2018, 01:29 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

Strange that both key FOBs would fail at the same time?

Old 10-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by gt audio works
Hello all, I wish I had better circumstances to post, but my daughters 05' crossfire in dire need of some good advice.
Long story short, her both key fobs would not work, she tried the door key lock only to find it would not open.
To be honest we never tried the lock cyl. when she got the car, only used the fob.
She had to call a locksmith to break into her car, which he did and it set off the alarm.
Since she could not re set the alarm by the fob or the key the immobilizer would not let it start.
I tried to hard boot the ecu by disconnecting the battery but to no avail.
I dont know if these is a set number of times you can attempt to start it before the ecu shuts down, but now it refuses to start at all.
Before it would run for a second before the immobilizer shut it down, now it does nothing.
We had it towed to a dealer who gave her an estimate of $6,000 !!
Sounds like he is using the shotgun repair approach, fire as wide as possible to see if he can hit the problem.
He wants to order the following SKREEM module...2 key fobs...PCM...relay module...door lock
I am having the car towed home today, i will have time to mess with it...
Any ideas ??
Greg
How did the alarm stop?
Have you had much rain lately as it could be the security/air pump in the trunk has failed due to water in it.
Look in the passenger side well under the trunk carpet and see if any water is in it, use a piece of card and stick.
down beside the foam cover.
Both fobs should not fail at the same time, does the lock switch on the dash work? If the pump fails fob and dash switch will not work.