Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Battery Positive Terminal

Old 01-12-2020, 03:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Positive Terminal

Hi I have an unusal problem, I have bought a damaged Crossfire and the engine has been removed before I got the car, I want to power it up to be able to open the trunk and windows but there is no positive battery terminal in the car. I have found the terminal attached to the engine with the heavy cable connected to the starter motor, but i don't know where the smaller cable connects to. I'm hoping that without the engine in the car I can just connect positive to wherever the smaller cable sould be attached to but I can't locate where that point is? Thanks

Old 01-12-2020, 06:04 AM
Default Re: Battery Positive Terminal

On my SRT6 the cable comes around to a black distribution box which is directly in front of the battery, mounted on the suspension strut. Hinged cover. Inside you will see a bus bar with securing bolts and nuts. Battery cable goes one end. Note fuses inside. Battery cable possibly feeds else where, but this distribution box might get you the power you want.
ps, my SRT6 is RH drive, but LH should mirror this?
Peter

Old 01-12-2020, 06:30 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Yes, connect the distribution box as Peter said, the only other connections are direct connections to the starter and alternator.

Old 01-12-2020, 08:06 AM

Excellent, thanks for prompt response guys. Petersrt6 mine is RH drive too! I'm in Brisbane

Old 01-12-2020, 02:20 PM

Mike,
well bugger me dead, another stralian?
so what are your plans regards the wreck?
Peter

Old 01-12-2020, 05:32 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by mike265
Hi I have an unusal problem, I have bought a damaged Crossfire and the engine has been removed before I got the car, I want to power it up to be able to open the trunk and windows but there is no positive battery terminal in the car. I have found the terminal attached to the engine with the heavy cable connected to the starter motor, but i don't know where the smaller cable connects to. I'm hoping that without the engine in the car I can just connect positive to wherever the smaller cable sould be attached to but I can't locate where that point is? Thanks
You need the Service Manual for the SRT6 which is the 2005 manual found in the documentation thread. A link CLICK to this can be found in my signature ‘Index of Crossfire .....’
The PDF is free, it has some errors and omissions but it is definitely a must-have for you.

We see the fires and the damage done over there and you have our sympathy. I am glad that you are getting on the ground help from other countries including Canada.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-12-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:18 AM

Thanks for your kind words onehundred80, its great to see the support from all over the world at this time of need.

Peter, I had a plan to sell the engine, trans and interior out of the car and keep the rolling body and put a different engine in it just for a fun budget drag race project. But I never sat in it before I towed it home and I can't fit in it with a helmet on! so I think I will just wreck it out now