Europe Serving all countries of the European continent.

Replacement Gearknob - Ideas Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Gearknob - Ideas Please

This question has probably been asked before, but there's no harm in asking again, I guess.

The silver lacquering on the gear **** of my wife's roadster is peeling and quite uncomfortable to hold. The car is a manual, by the way.

Is it possible to fit something like a Momo and if so, are there any specific styles or models that work with the 'lift for reverse' selection.

Trawling eBay I found some fancy ***** from Germany which looked quite expensive, but I checked on their own website and ordering direct is actually cheaper than through eBay;

ICT Schaltknauf - SLKR170 Chrysler Crossfire

Has anyone tried one of these and if so, was it any good?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions regarding the **** replacement (steady folks) so thanks in advance for your ideas.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Replacement Gearknob - Ideas Please

Originally Posted by UK_Mouldy
This question has probably been asked before, but there's no harm in asking again, I guess.

The silver lacquering on the gear **** of my wife's roadster is peeling and quite uncomfortable to hold. The car is a manual, by the way.

Is it possible to fit something like a Momo and if so, are there any specific styles or models that work with the 'lift for reverse' selection.

Trawling eBay I found some fancy ***** from Germany which looked quite expensive, but I checked on their own website and ordering direct is actually cheaper than through eBay;

ICT Schaltknauf - SLKR170 Chrysler Crossfire

Has anyone tried one of these and if so, was it any good?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions regarding the **** replacement (steady folks) so thanks in advance for your ideas.
I have the gear **** you have listed there from ICT. I switched mine out because I did not like the stock ones cheap feel. I personally feel the ICT **** is more comfortable. The **** does sit a little lower so she would have to adjust to the shifting. Other than that I really love it.

My original one is a little scratched up from 50k of use before I switched it out but not peeling if you were to want it.

In the below photo you can see mine installed.

I would recommend the upgrade. But like I said if you want my OEM one it is available.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Replacement Gearknob - Ideas Please

also I did not install with the lights that indicate the gear. I cut them off of the itc one.