Europe Serving all countries of the European continent.

Where's all the UK owners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 05:29 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where's all the UK owners?

Why didn't you try Chrysler Assistance (I think its called that). I thought we all had 3 years breakdown coverage included.

Old 01-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MARK_UK
Why didn't you try Chrysler Assistance (I think its called that). I thought we all had 3 years breakdown coverage included.
Oh I obviously did not make it clear that this was the Chrysler Assistance -- This was an example of the level of breakdown coverage included.

Cheers

Old 01-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rob265
Hi let me know when you are going, i will come and see you. Its about 2 hours from manchester i guess.
Hi Steve & Rob,

I have provisionally booked for 6th May at Bruntinghtorpe with the Sylva Striker guys I normally go with - some pics of the last event here when I ran my PT. The xfire was someone else (was it anyone here?). :

http://www.classically-modern.com/Trackdays.htm

They are good bunch of guys that know what they are doing (most of the time!) so you'll be safe from the lunatic element you sometimes get at other events. Cost is £105 + £25 for an additional driver. For that you get a full day's track time and there is usually an autotest/handling course to have a go at as well.

There are also days in June and July.

If anyone else is interested then please PM me or mail me at spider_man@lineone.net

Simon.

Old 01-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Forum Regular

"The dealer assured me that it is normal for the tail pipes to go rusty - don't believe this, will pursue this further when the car goes in for the other jobs."

Don't take this, my tailpipes were replaced twice under warranty, but each set rusts after 6 months.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:13 PM

Where? In Sussex. Love the car!

Just bought a Z4 as a second car. Needed the extra boot space over the Crossfire Convertible. Same price as a Crossfire for a 2 litre with a few bits - well made but nowhere near the fun of the Crossfire.

I've got a nail through a rear tyre. Kwik-fit do the Pilot fitted at £277.50. Mytyres show them at £222 but it looks like delivery could be 1 week. Anyone know any better deals?

Old 02-09-2006, 06:58 AM

if the nail is in the tread contact part it can be repaired quite safely. it cannot if it is in the wall. go to a reputable tyre dealer who does repairs not one trying to make their bonus. usually a small co, it will cost £20 for repair an balance.
if you go to google an type in your tyre size it will come up with lots of deals. makro is one if you know someone who has membership. good luck i have had 3 nails in the rears up to now 2 years.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:24 AM

Unfortunately it was on the wall. Value Tyres at £277 was the best reliable outfit I could find with a 2 day delivery and fitting service.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:53 PM

the 2 goodyear f1 eagles i bought for the front in sept are a wonderful road holding tyre, but guess what, i hit a pothole last week, sidewall gone again. this time though got the location of the pothole, a nice set of pics and a letter to the highways dept of the council. i can’t afford tyres every 5,000 miles.
lets see what response i get. i’ll keep you informed.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:02 PM

Owned the crossfire now for 12 months, bought it 2nd hand when 14 months old. Auto Blaze red example. Car has covered 20k. Had a few issues in the 12 months I've owned the car.

1. One of the cats had to be replaced (Rattling noise) Warranty repair.
2. Rear Latch replace (again a Rattling noise) Warranty repair.
3. Front Disc pads replaced, still had plenty of wear but making an intermittent squealing noise.Found out to be one of the pads had split away from the back plate. NOT a warranty repair although I tried to convince them otherwise.
4. Small patch of pealing paint on the sill under front passenger wheel arch (behind the front wheel). Awaiting booking with Chrysler. Warranty repair.

Will take more than these minor issues to sway me from Crossfire ownership. Its a joy to own. Not concerned about the depreciation, bought the car to keep some time.

Anyone thought of a setting-up a Crossfire owners club?

I live in Nottinghamshire (East Midlands).

Old 04-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TIGER
Owned the crossfire now for 12 months, bought it 2nd hand when 14 months old. Auto Blaze red example. Car has covered 20k. Had a few issues in the 12 months I've owned the car.

1. One of the cats had to be replaced (Rattling noise) Warranty repair.
2. Rear Latch replace (again a Rattling noise) Warranty repair.
3. Front Disc pads replaced, still had plenty of wear but making an intermittent squealing noise.Found out to be one of the pads had split away from the back plate. NOT a warranty repair although I tried to convince them otherwise.
4. Small patch of pealing paint on the sill under front passenger wheel arch (behind the front wheel). Awaiting booking with Chrysler. Warranty repair.

Will take more than these minor issues to sway me from Crossfire ownership. Its a joy to own. Not concerned about the depreciation, bought the car to keep some time.

Anyone thought of a setting-up a Crossfire owners club?

I live in Nottinghamshire (East Midlands).
Hi,

Glad you are keeping the faith!

An owners club would be good, but I think we're a bit thin on the ground. I am going to try and organize some sort of hookup later in the year as well as some trackdays. I am not holding out much hope of a big turnout though.

I'm over in Notts quite a bit so I'll keep an eye out for you in your Blaze Red!

Simon.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:56 AM

just spoken to a guy in manchester. he tells me he has heard that chrysler has or is stopping production of all crossfires, as they are not selling. anyone know anything or have i missed the story?

Old 04-24-2006, 12:41 PM

Hi from wink.

Had mine 4 months love it to bits, yes still get the looks. It would be nice to have a meet in the UK. I am from Birmingham UK only seen two others here.
Two on the way to Yorkshire and that's it, can't understand really its a great car and everyone who has seen it like it. They do think its an aston martin.
Now that must be good.
As i purchased an '04 for 15k can't get that from an aston martin, and come on the summer i agree.

wink
Come on Birmingham City.