Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Xenon HID $75.98 Shipped!

Old 10-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Xenon HID $75.98 Shipped!

Originally Posted by MI1XFIRE
I just got back from my ride and all I can say is WOW These HID are great.I give them an A+.

Couple things I noticed:
1) Radio reception is greatly degraded with the HIDs on. Does anyone know of a fix?
2) The bulb burned out indicator comes on for about 10 seconds after I turn off the lights. I can live with that but I need to do something about the poor radio reception.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to contact the vendor to see what he has to say.
Do you have the same kit as me? I don't have any dash warning light or radio problem. My car is a 2004 coupe. Would the type of bulb make a difference? I have 6,000K.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
Do you have the same kit as me? I don't have any dash warning light or radio problem. My car is a 2004 coupe. Would the type of bulb make a difference? I have 6,000K.
I got my kit from the same vendor but used 5,000K. I don't see that making any difference. My car is a 2005 model and there seem to be differences how they react to different mods.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:56 PM

Question for Lantana TX or anyone who has purchased from this ebay vendor

The vendor has shipped me a new set of ballasts and the radio reception is a lot better. However I'm still having a problem with the bulb burnout indicator. It comes on every time I turn off the HIDs with the engine still running. No problem if I just turn on the parking and fog lights.

I would really appreciate it if you guys that have this kit could confirm that you don't have this problem.
Again HIDs ON to OFF with engine running.

Thank you

Old 11-01-2007, 06:24 PM

Question for Lantana TX or anyone who has purchased from this ebay vendor

The vendor has shipped me a new set of ballasts and the radio reception is a lot better. However I'm still having a problem with the bulb burnout indicator. It comes on every time I turn off the HIDs with the engine still running. No problem if I just turn on the parking and fog lights.

I would really appreciate it if you guys that have this kit could confirm that you don't have this problem.
Again HIDs ON to OFF with engine running.

Thank you
I have never had the bulb indicator come on. I don't know if it makes a difference but mine is a 2004. It is hard to believe you didn't notice much difference. My lights are extreamely bright compared to the stock halogen's. I have the 6000K bulbs.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:37 PM

I have never had the bulb indicator come on. I don't know if it makes a difference but mine is a 2004. It is hard to believe you didn't notice much difference. My lights are extreamely bright compared to the stock halogen's. I have the 6000K bulbs.
I didn't say I didn't notice much difference. The HIDs are great and a big difference compared to the stock H7s.
My only question/concern is that bulb indicator coming on everytime I turn off the HIDs with the engine runningWhen you think about it maybe its not such a big deal.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:12 PM

I didn't say I didn't notice much difference. The HIDs are great and a big difference compared to the stock H7s.
My only question/concern is that bulb indicator coming on everytime I turn off the HIDs with the engine runningWhen you think about it maybe its not such a big deal.
Maybe I should go give your way a try. I am pretty sure I shut the engine off and then the lights.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:37 AM

Maybe I should go give your way a try. I am pretty sure I shut the engine off and then the lights.
I turned the lights off before the engine and the light out light did come on. I would have never noticed this as I always turn the engine off first. Not sure what causes this but not a big deal to me. I wonder if all kit do this?

Old 11-02-2007, 07:47 AM

I turned the lights off before the engine and the light out light did come on. I would have never noticed this as I always turn the engine off first. Not sure what causes this but not a big deal to me. I wonder if all kit do this?
I heard from one other forum member that PM me that he had a same problem. I'm trying to work this out with the ebay vendor before I heard of other cases. At the time it seemed that I was the only one with this problem. You may also want to contact him to let him know you're also having this issue. I don't think its a big deal. I'm pretty sure a diode would correct the problem (Prevent feedback to the indicator).

Old 11-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Question Re: Xenon HID $75.98 Shipped!

Maybe it was H7 It was the correct one that Andrew stated in another post. These seemed to be worth more than I paid. I was very impressed. I am going to get another set for the high beams.
I was told that HIDs' aren't really for high beams due to the time it takes them to come to full brightness. Is this right?

Old 11-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All,
Being mechanically/electrically challenged I am having a hard time figuring out just how to install my HIDs. I bought the sames one as you all. Did anyone take any pics of the installation that I could use as a guide for my installation?

Kevin

Old 11-02-2007, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by kjmurphy
All,
Being mechanically/electrically challenged I am having a hard time figuring out just how to install my HIDs. I bought the sames one as you all. Did anyone take any pics of the installation that I could use as a guide for my installation?

Kevin
Here are a couple of pics:

Old 11-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kjmurphy
All,

Kevin
I wrote up a pretty detailed descrition when I installed mine. Search for a thread called "Installed my HIDs last night".

Old 11-02-2007, 01:09 PM

Here are a couple of pics:
This exactly how I mounted the boxes. IF you look at how it all fits together, you will find that there are two spades that have to attach to the stock connector. Black goes to the side of the connector that has two wires. The biggest problem is the spring clip that holds the light in. I figured out a way to install the new lights without removing the spring clip by fishing the the wires through the clip. The clip unhooks and folds up to remove the light. Make sure you don't touch the new light on the glass area. Make sure the light is oriented right and seated correctly before you close the clip. It is hard to figure this out be looking at it. by doing it will become obvious.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Forum Regular

LantanaTX and Bobs,
Their in and seem to be working fine. Just waiting for it to get dark so that I can truly appreciate the difference. Thanks for the photos and the write up.

Kevin

Old 11-04-2007, 11:50 AM

let us know what you think after dark. Mine really light the road.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:55 AM

Hey guys I'm new to the site. I'm looking to put HID Xenon's in my '04 XF coupe, but I really know NOTHING. All I know it I want those bright white lights with a bluish tint. So does this ebay vendor seem to have what I'm looking for?

Old 11-13-2007, 08:06 PM

i got the same lights. when i installed them first they were only flashing to the side of the car, than i repositioned them and then they were lighting only few feet in the front of the car. THe trick is to pull in a alley during the night, turn them on and just pop the metal pin (don't pull it out all the way). while pin is popped from the bottom the bulb should be lose. Play around with the bulb by twirling it and try to get the right position. After you got it hold it with one hand and with the other pop the pin back in to the slot. Do one light at a time... hope this helps... at first when i got the light i was little dissapointed but i knew there was a trick with the positioning of the bulb. Now the lighting is equal everywhere and i can actually see far away at pitch dark

Old 11-20-2007, 01:27 PM

Got mine in without too much difficulty. I too had the issue where they weren't aligned until I pulled the car out on the street in the dark and played around with them.

Does anyone else notice a black line at the bottom of the beam in the middle on both sides? Just wondering if it was me or if everyone is seeing this as well.

Big THANKS to LantanaTX for finding and posting this.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have the black line. With better HID's You don't get it. But for the price these are great.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:48 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2005-SoCalXfire
Does anyone else notice a black line at the bottom of the beam in the middle on both sides? Just wondering if it was me or if everyone is seeing this as well.

Big THANKS to LantanaTX for finding and posting this.
For me, its not so much of a black line, but an area that's not quite as bright as the rest of the beam. You will get used to it after a while. I hardly notice it any more.

Quick Reply: Xenon HID $75.98 Shipped!