Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Front Side/Parking Light Bulb Replacement

Old 01-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Front Side/Parking Light Bulb Replacement

Hi - I just replaced both these bulbs - its a bit of a fiddle but only took about 15 mins total. The manual tells us to remove the headlamp units to gain access to the bulbs, which are indeed difficult to get at. However, it can be done without doing this. With great care and lots of patience, use a flat screwdriver to push against the moulded ridge of the bulb holder to gently rotate it, one quarter of a turn anticlockwise and wriggle it loose. Then pulling on the wires remove it from its socket. The bulb holder is just a bayonet fitting. Pull the bulbs from the sockets and push in the new ones. (I fitted some cool ice blue ones) Again, holding the wires, wriggle the bulb holders back into their sockits, and while holding them in place, rotate them clockwise with your flat screwdriver to secure. A tiny bit of lubricant on the rubber sealing ring will help it rotate more freely. Good Luck !
Steve

Old 01-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Default Re: Front Side/Parking Light Bulb Replacement

Where did you get those bulbs? I was wanting to get a new color! Thanks in advance.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:59 AM
Default Re: Front Side/Parking Light Bulb Replacement

Originally Posted by kaproductions
Where did you get those bulbs? I was wanting to get a new color! Thanks in advance.

Hi, Theres nothing fancey about the bulbs, they are on the shelf at your local parts shop where you should find colored ones as well, at the same price as the standard ones. If not stocked locally you will also find on Ebay at a cheap price. You can also get blue LED bulbs which may look even more funky. However, colored bulbs are not legal here in UK, although police dont seen to take an interest. Im not sure what the position in is in USA.
Cheers Steve