Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Wowza...i Mean Wow...zaa!

Old 04-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts
Thumbs up APS mesh grill WITH CENTER SPINE!!!! Now with many pics

I recieved my upper and lower grills today. They were well packed and arrived in perfect condition.

I was one of the staunchest critics of this grill when it first came out. I didn't like the smiley look. But after installing it I can say I was completely wrong. It looks so fantastic in person that I can't really explain it. It looks like it came with the car. Tranforms the front of the Crossfire completely.

If you were on the fence I highly recommend you give SRT a message to see if you can get one. Give him the business, he's been awesome.

I'm going to take some pics for you guys this weekend.

Oh and about installation. It literally took me all of 20 minutes complete to have everything installed. It was that easy, a monkey could literally almost do this. Looks fantastic.

Word of advice for Alabaster owners. make sure to paint the support for your horns black becuase its white and shows through the grill something fierce.

Last edited by MAYAman; 04-26-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Wowza...i Mean Wow...zaa!

which grill is this? the one with the all mesh or the one with the all mesh and a little chrome bar in the middle?

Old 04-23-2008, 09:25 PM

The APS mesh grill. They are the same grill, SRT just supplies the little strip but mine didn't have it. Its just chrome trim. I am going to fashion my own.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MAYAman
Word of advice for Alabaster owners. make sure to paint the support for your horns black becuase its white and shows through the grill something fierce.
Yep, I already noticed that after I put it on today. I'm going out of town the rest of this week. WHen I get back I'm going to remove the grille and paint the horn support.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry MAYAman. With all the grilles shipping I forgot the little chrome strip. What was in the pictures was simply a small cut to size strip of body side molding. They come in various widths so you can pick what you like and cut to length.

I tried this at first, but wound up removing it. I like the way it looks like it is best.

Thanks for the kind words.
The APS mesh grill. They are the same grill, SRT just supplies the little strip but mine didn't have it. Its just chrome trim. I am going to fashion my own.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:20 PM

Would a black mesh grill on a black XF be too much black, or would it look pretty darn nice?

Old 04-25-2008, 11:17 PM

I recieved my upper and lower grills today. They were well packed and arrived in perfect condition.

I was one of the staunchest critics of this grill when it first came out. I didn't like the smiley look. But after installing it I can say I was completely wrong. It looks so fantastic in person that I can't really explain it. It looks like it came with the car. Tranforms the front of the Crossfire completely.

If you were on the fence I highly recommend you give SRT a message to see if you can get one. Give him the business, he's been awesome.

I'm going to take some pics for you guys this weekend.

Oh and about installation. It literally took me all of 20 minutes complete to have everything installed. It was that easy, a monkey could literally almost do this. Looks fantastic.

Pics? Where are they? j/k But not really j/k. Thanks!

Old 04-26-2008, 08:01 AM

I'm uploading the pics to photobucket. wait till you see my solution for center spine. mwahahahahaha

Old 04-26-2008, 08:13 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Post some pics here...............

Old 04-26-2008, 09:49 AM

TADA!

The center spine on the grill was something I really wanted to add. I liked the grill as is but knew that a center spine would legitimize it. I thought about it for a day and then remembered something when I was in PEP Boys. I saw one of those huge CB antennas and thought hell I have a grinder wheel at home, JB Weld, and a hacksaw. I took the CT Antenna measured it so that it would fit only if I had to force it in with force. I then made my bends using a C clamp. I used the grinding wheel to taper the edges and then I applied the spine which snaps in very securely. I then finished it off with some Liquid Steel just on the top near the welds.

Rock solid and makes the grill look 100% better IMO.

2008_04250009.jpg

2008_04250006.jpg

2008_04250011.jpg

Last edited by MAYAman; 04-26-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

VERY NICE!....VERY CREATIVE!....GOOD JOB!....IT LOOKS GREAT!

TADA!

The center spine on the grill was something I really wanted to add. I liked the grill as is but knew that a center spine would legitimize it. I thought about it for a day and then remembered something when I was in PEP Boys. I saw one of those huge CB antennas and thought hell I have a grinder wheel at home, JB Weld, and a hacksaw. I took the CT Antenna measured it so that it would fit only if I had to force it in with force. I then made my bends using a C clamp. I used the grinding wheel to taper the edges and then I applied the spine which snaps in very securely. I then finished it off with some Liquid Steel just on the top near the welds.

Rock solid and makes the grill look 100% better IMO.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Now get those Illuminated Sills installed... geez you're slow...

Old 04-26-2008, 06:29 PM

Whats up w/ the gap??

Old 04-26-2008, 07:33 PM

LOLx10000000

Old 04-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SRT-6'er
Whats up w/ the gap??
the bottom middle looks a bit funky.......

Old 04-26-2008, 09:42 PM

The grill is not made to touch the bottom of the bumper. Look at the other members with the grill. You cannot notice this when standing in front of the car. Its because the pics are high contrast and you are scrutinizing the F out of them. LOL

But I'l check alignment again tomorrow and see if there is anything I can do. If I can't get the that gap you're seeing to go away I'm throwing the grill in the garbage.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:47 PM

I just got my grille on.... It looks like my grille is missing . Can the horn support bracket be removed to paint or will I have to use a brush?

Old 01-08-2009, 12:49 PM

I forgot to post pictures in my last post.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FILE0080.JPG (3.18 MB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg
FILE0081.JPG (2.85 MB, 107 views)
Old 01-08-2009, 02:46 PM

^^^Why did you get black on a gold car??? Should have stuck with the chrome. And yeah I painted my support black. And to update, the grill was crooked when I put it on in those pics, it has since been put on straight.

I'm hopefully getting a bezel worked on by johnny angel that will refine this design. stay tuned.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:21 PM

^^^Why did you get black on a gold car??? Should have stuck with the chrome. And yeah I painted my support black. And to update, the grill was crooked when I put it on in those pics, it has since been put on straight.

I'm hopefully getting a bezel worked on by johnny angel that will refine this design. stay tuned.
I agree should have stayed w/chrome. lmho