Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Slashers/Calipers

Old 10-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slashers/Calipers

Two questions as i was cleaning today, i really want to put the slasher stripes on, can anyone who bought them tell me how much they are? also, i want to paint my calipers red, what kind of paint and what sorta process would this involve?

Old 10-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Slashers/Calipers

The two-color slasher strips in the CICCI store cost $25/set. The Limited decals are $7/set. Both are available in many colors to compliment the color of your car.

Dupli-Color has a kit that makes painting the calipers easy. I think the kit cost about $25. The kit includes cleaner, brush, can of paint and instructions.

Last edited by InfernoRedXfire; 10-18-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Duplicolor set is a good bet but if youre budget minded you can do it for 10 bucks. First clean the calipers really good with a small wire brush and brake cleaner. When you got it clean, do it again. Spray some black bbq paint in a cup and brush it on as a primer. 2 coats. then take hi heat engine paint and brush that on top of the bbq primer. Ive done this to several cars and its a sure bet. Mine look great after 1 1/2 years. Definetly do the bbq as primer cause if the engine paint starts to flake off its a bummer.

I just put slasher stripes on this weekend. One suggestion is to really clean the area around the jack rubber cause thats where the decal ends up. A hair dryer really helps too.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

g3 makes a great quality caliper paint in a ton of colors. 37$ shipped. the way i did mine was in conjuction with a brake pad rotor and brake fluid replacement. while i had the system apart i pressure washed the calipers and used a brake cleaner to fully clean the calipers. then started painting. theres enough paint to do 4 calipers with 3 to 4 full coats. after installing new rotors stainless brake lines and pads and motul blue fluid the whole setup is clean flushed and ready for use!