Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

New Side Skirts

Old 09-04-2010, 02:22 AM
www.CustomCrossfire.com
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Side Skirts

New Side Skirt design

Just a photoshop mock-up but I will get to work on these soon

Im working on a rear bumper skirt that follows the lines on these.

Last edited by HyprLtH20; 09-20-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:56 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: New Side Skirts

I am not feeling the love for this design. It looks more like mini running boards than a side skirt. I do really like most of your other designs for other parts though.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
I am not feeling the love for this design. It looks more like mini running boards than a side skirt. I do really like most of your other designs for other parts though.
Tone it down a little by reducing the size, and then change the angle down a bit and see what that does.....

Last edited by oledoc2u; 09-04-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Probably gonna get flamed for this, but why not just reproduce the design "the one who will not be named" is flogging on E-bay? Just do a quality job manufacturing them. I saw them on John's car @ the Dragon and they really do compliment the car.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go look at the zr-1 sideskirts. If you could do them exactly like that, I'd be interested.

Just make sure they dont drop the side bodyline of the car more than about an inch because it just looks goofy when you've got this low sideskirt and the front and rear bumpers are 2-3" above the sideskirts.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:18 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by Infinite
Go look at the zr-1 sideskirts. If you could do them exactly like that, I'd be interested.

Just make sure they dont drop the side bodyline of the car more than about an inch because it just looks goofy when you've got this low sideskirt and the front and rear bumpers are 2-3" above the sideskirts.
I was going for something close to the zr1 skirts. i dont know if its possible to get that same design around the bottom of the rear wheels. the crossfire body doesnt turn in as much as the vette's does

in order for it to not look goofy im designing a rear bumper skirt and front bumper lip(N/A only). Front bumper lip will look very similar to the SRT6 design

Old 09-04-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Probably gonna get flamed for this, but why not just reproduce the design "the one who will not be named" is flogging on E-bay? Just do a quality job manufacturing them. I saw them on John's car @ the Dragon and they really do compliment the car.
those were a complete replacement, not an add-on which was why they were so difficult to manufacture. this design sticks onto to the existing skirt...we all discussed the difference when the "idiot" snuck in there and destroyed a good idea...no flaming, but it didn't work out because of the hack job of an "outsider"....this kid is putting up his own $$$$ and working to bring it to us...good for him...

Old 09-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
those were a complete replacement, not an add-on which was why they were so difficult to manufacture. this design sticks onto to the existing skirt...we all discussed the difference when the "idiot" snuck in there and destroyed a good idea...no flaming, but it didn't work out because of the hack job of an "outsider"....this kid is putting up his own $$$$ and working to bring it to us...good for him...
Ah, add on OK gotcha. Very impressed with the strakes and rear spoiler suggestions.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:49 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Sorry I should have mentioned its an add on in the first thread.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HyprLtH20
I was going for something close to the zr1 skirts. i dont know if its possible to get that same design around the bottom of the rear wheels. the crossfire body doesnt turn in as much as the vette's does

in order for it to not look goofy im designing a rear bumper skirt and front bumper lip(N/A only). Front bumper lip will look very similar to the SRT6 design
Steve and I were talking about this EXACT thing today at the car show... We saw ZR1 skirts and wondered "what if"...

I think in conjunction with the front and rear add-ons, it would look mint.

Keep me posted.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Photoshoping a design is the easiest part of this undertaking. Getting them built with high quality to fit on every Xfire will be your biggest challenge. I wish you success in your endeavor and look forward to watching the development.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm getting tired of reading sideskirt post. I'm going to make my own. Squirrel Crusher

Old 09-04-2010, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
I'm getting tired of reading sideskirt post. I'm going to make my own. Squirrel Crusher
Being in the charlotte area, I wouldn't think it would be hard for you to find a fabricator...but somehow, nascar skirts wasn't what I had in mind....lol

Old 09-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Being in the charlotte area, I wouldn't think it would be hard for you to find a fabricator...but somehow, nascar skirts wasn't what I had in mind....lol
Yep!! I'm going to do it! Something simular to the shortie Mazda RX-8 sideskirt's,but full length. Squirrel Crusher

Old 09-04-2010, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
Yep!! I'm going to do it! Something simular to the shortie Mazda RX-8 sideskirt's,but full length. Squirrel Crusher
I have experimented a lot with the side skirts. I was looking at '03 viper skirts/w/side pipes for awhile...but, biggest problem is the construction of the side/body panels. Not much room, and anything you add, seems to stick out too far. I have laid some other aftermarket skirts that stick on, up there as well, and just haven't found the right look. Good luck with it...I have all but given up...

Old 09-20-2010, 08:08 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Heres a new design. Just a little different. I tried to take it in a bit in the front and added a section in the rear going up the inside of the wheel well. Inspired by the new ZR1 corvette

This will be what I have produced.

Ill work on getting a front view to see the detail around the rear fender

Last edited by HyprLtH20; 09-20-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:52 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

heres a front view:

Old 09-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Received 585 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by HyprLtH20
heres a front view:

You should think of all the dirt and gravel that will sit on that ledge, and tough to clean off as well.

I think it has to rounded and flowing, or it looks like a truck accessory.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You should think of all the dirt and gravel that will sit on that ledge, and tough to clean off as well.

I think it has to rounded and flowing, or it looks like a truck accessory.
That was my thoughts.... Every time I look at them, it reminds me of the running boards I had on my GMC Jimmy. Maybe I am just too old to get this as a design, but to me a body kit should flow with the existing lines and look like it could have come from the factory that way. This just looks out of place to me. No offense meant, but you may want to see how much interest there is in this design before you go too far. Most of your other ideas have many people excited.... I just don't see that same enthusiasm for this.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:33 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

That was a very quick photoshopping job. Just to give the idea im going for. Im not that great on the program so its hard for me to get it just right

heres a pic of exactly what I will recreate.

Quick Reply: New Side Skirts