Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

I just bought a new grill

Old 01-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I just bought a new grill

Nice looking motor you have now! Update the avatar and signature and you are all set ;D

Old 01-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
I really like that grille is it heavy.. ?
The weight is substantial, as they are metal billets, but I would not say overly heavy.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmorgan
That sounds like a much better idea than my shrink wrap plan. Ok, now I am going to show my ignorance..... I have never heard of a clear tool covering liquid. Could you please provide me with a product name or link to a product that you would recommend. Thanks!!!

Oh, and that grill looks awesome on your Alabaster beauty.
Thanks for the compliment B. I think it looks great on any of them, but to me the white is just a cool color with the billet grill. Did you find the plastic dip that Gregg mentioned after my post? They have it in clear, and I believe I also saw it at Home depot in the elec dept.

and no, I agree, they aren't overly heavy, substantial is more like the word to describe them.

Last edited by mdaniels4; 01-02-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:52 PM

I have not looked into it yet. Still on my list of things to do. Here is a pic of them installed. I will try to get a better shot later. Not bad for a $100 ebay win. I feel pretty fortunate to have snagged these for that price. They are very well made, and are worth the $640 price from airbagit.com

IMG_74753.jpg

Old 01-02-2011, 04:59 PM

oh man that looks nice. You got one heckuva buy on them. FWIW, don't worry about the ends if you don't want to. They've been on my car now for 2 years and other than the small scratch I did as I was putting them on they stay right where I put them with no issues. Yours look like they inset back. Mine are steeper and flush the front. I suppose mine will give a bit more room up front for the filters on the DCAI I'll be putting on

Old 01-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Your car looks great! I like the grilles.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:52 PM

Smart shopping, killer deal, looks great.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by mdaniels4
oh man that looks nice. You got one heckuva buy on them. FWIW, don't worry about the ends if you don't want to. They've been on my car now for 2 years and other than the small scratch I did as I was putting them on they stay right where I put them with no issues. Yours look like they inset back. Mine are steeper and flush the front. I suppose mine will give a bit more room up front for the filters on the DCAI I'll be putting on
I think it is an illusion in that picture. They actually sit flush with the front just like thy do on yours. I agree.... after putting them on, and getting them adjusted, I do not think there will be any issue with them gouging the paint.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
I think it is an illusion in that picture. They actually sit flush with the front just like thy do on yours. I agree.... after putting them on, and getting them adjusted, I do not think there will be any issue with them gouging the paint.
ah, yes, an optical illusion for sure. I've seen billet grilles that are smaller and set back farther which is an interesting look too, I just happen to like the way these elongate the nose a bit more. Actually what I would have liked is having the lowers set back farther.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by mdaniels4
ah, yes, an optical illusion for sure. I've seen billet grilles that are smaller and set back farther which is an interesting look too, I just happen to like the way these elongate the nose a bit more. Actually what I would have liked is having the lowers set back farther.
That is interesting.... I love the look of the lowers being flush. I have wanted a set for more than a year now. I remember when XRay came to Atlanta for the Eurocharged tune, he lost his stock grill on the way up. It flew off on the interstate. I told him about airbagit, and he bought a set. I was so jealous of his. The first time I saw them on a Crossfire happened to be on OsoFast's at the Dragon this past fall. After I saw them on his car, I knew that I had to have them. I came close to getting a set about a month ago, and then lucked up on these.

Last edited by bmorgan; 01-02-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Great look Bob!