Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Where to buy wheels

Old 04-03-2011, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy wheels

Hey guys, im new to the forum and i searched to try and find places to buy wheels for my crossfire but couldnt really find anything that helped, I havent had my crossfire long, just over a month now but my mom has owned one for about 4 years, so im familiar with the car, i was looking to buy some aftermarket rims for mine but i wanna stick with the 19's in the rear and 18's in the front, does anyone know of a place i could look, tire rack dosent sell wheels for a car unless you put in the make and model and i realize that they do this to insure they fit, but the ones that do fit i dont really like, ive tried other website but most of them only give me the option of 18's all around, so if anyone knows of a good place to get wheels can you post it up here for me? Thanks so much v Aaron

Old 04-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Where to buy wheels

I started looking at eBay Motors. Input "wheels for Mercedes" and start filtering from there.

Also filter using the hub dimensions: 5X112

Almost any of these vendors will be willing to make a 18 and 19 staggered set for you.

Happy Hunting!

Old 04-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tire Rack also has a nice selection of wheels for the Crossfire. I'm glad you are sticking with the staggered look, that's one of the things that makes a Crossfire a Crossfire for my taste. Be careful you find wheels that match as close as possible your stock offsets which I kinda forget what they are ??? Maybe someone else can chime in on that. You want something that's close to or exactly what the stock wheels are now so they sit right in the wheel wells. You can get spacers to correct if need be. Good luck and share your choice with us.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I know this is not what you are looking to do but... If you go to a 19"front and a 20" rear there is alot more selection out there for you. This is what I should have done but I didnt want to buy new front rubber.

I am regretting it now... a little

Old 04-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Where to buy wheels

Thanks guy, Patpur, i have looked at tire rack but they will only allow me to get a very select few set of wheels, (mayb im just picky) but they do have pretty good prices, And thanks for the info maxcichon, im familiar with ebay but i wasent sure of the hub spacing which is obviously important. . . And beaner, i had considered the 20" in the rear and 19" in the front but i wasent sure if it would be overkill or not, for 2 reasons, 1st would they look too big on the car? Ive never seen one set like that so im not sure, 2nd reason is i plan to lower it after i get the new wheels and ive noticed that when the wheels are fully turned there is very very very little clearance in the front, also how much can i get away with lowering a crossfire without it rubbing? But I would love to go with 19's and 20's and luckily i work at the yokohama plant in salem virginia so i get my rubber 80% off so that saves me a pretty penny when it comes to tire changing . . . . Oh and one other thing, how wide can i go on the back? I believe stock is 9" correct me if im wrong, can i go 10? 10.5? thanks for you guys input and ill def post some pics when i get the new wheels on, ===Excited crossfire owner, loving sharing with other crossfire owners===