Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

New Member/New Owner/Factory Fogs

Old 04-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member/New Owner/Factory Fogs

Friends,
I am a new Crossfire owner. A proud one at that. I purchased a base model 2005 roadster with a little over 3000 miles on it.It sold in Feb 2007 as new. Its still brand new. It was covered in a heated garage and based on what I found over a 6 month period for sale from Maine to Delaware and from Rhode Island to Ohio. I believe I received a very good deal. I would however like to find a new set of factory fog lamps and would like to know what ever else I will actually need to install them as factory.. Is it possible?
John

Old 04-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Member/New Owner/Factory Fogs

Yes. I just did it. And if you follow the directions below, your existing light switch will operate them just as they're supposed to. Just buy a set of fog lights, they'll bolt right into the same slots that are there for the existing covers. It'll be easier if you remove your front wheels. This is the post that helped me. It's from Grey Ghost, and was posted about three years ago...

There is a device called "Add A Circut" it is a device with 2 prongs like a fuse and on the other side there are 2 fuse slots. There is also 1 wire coming out of the device, this will be the hot wire. Run a wire through the fire wall there are a few places to use. I used a hole with a large rubber gromet I think it was to the left of the brake master cylinder. Connect the wire to the new hot wire from the add a circut. Make your connections to the lights and find a good ground in the engine area. Then put 2, 15 amp. fuses in the add a circut and plug the add a circut into the # 9 fuse outlet (it has been awhile so check the fuse number for fog lights) the fog lights are fused they do not have a relay.