Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Do others see you?

Old 08-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do others see you?

I was wondering how "lit up" our running lamps are. I know these are not headlights but, in the day time I like to run with lamps on. I select the running lights, with the fog lamps on in my 2007 Roadster so the other( idot) drivers see me in my smaller car. Being in the Northwest there are tons of Pick up Trucks up here. Now my concern is does the running lamps really show if I am coming down the road? Should I leave on the headlights (turning the switch another notch)? I was wondering about changing the running lamps with LED lights, not good for the dark, but brighter for the daytime driving? Any thoughts on this?

Old 08-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Do others see you?

I turn my headlights on every time I get in my car..... any of them... I dont think the running lights are enough and the headlights, or foglights?, are easily seen during the day....

Old 08-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Do others see you?

Do a "search" and you'll find plenty of help hooking up day-time-running-lights (DRL's), anything from changing the OEM switch module to installing a DRL kit.

Personally, I like driving with lights on (exactly to avoid collision) and have my fog lights wired up to the "ON" switch with a DRL kit. Looks good, actually. Gives the car a nice wide stance.