Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Great Osram Low Beams and Fogs

Old 02-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Great Osram Low Beams and Fogs

Awhile back I bought a HID kit to replace my lows. I also purchased a pair of Osram Rallye+ 65w H7 I was going to use for the highs and Osram Night Breaker HB4 for the fogs. Haven't had time to replace any of them due to work. The other morning, I jump in the car to head to work and a low beam is out. Not having much time, I decide to replace both lows with the Rallyes. These are by far much brighter then the OEMs. A big differance in the amount of light and distance projected. If you don't want to go through the hassle of wiring HIDs, I would highly recommend going with the Rallyes.

Bought from ebay seller yahawada out of Hong Kong. Great prices and the real thing. Took around a week to get to Florida.

------------------------------------------

OSRAM off-road headlamp H7 12v/65W Px26d each: Super bright headlight made in Germany

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

OSRAM Nightbreaker Plus headlamp 9006/HB4 12v/51w pair

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Last edited by syfi; 02-26-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:58 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Great Osram Low Beams and Fogs

So the new bulbs are rated 10 watts higher than the OEM bulbs. Over time I wonder how they may affect the headlights, holders, sockets and wiring.....please keep us posted. Also, let us know if you constantly get flashed by oncomming traffic due to the increased brightness while night driving.
Great price too.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by syfi
Awhile back I bought a HID kit to replace my lows. I also purchased a pair of Osram Rallye+ 65w H7 I was going to use for the highs and Osram Night Breaker HB4 for the fogs. Haven't had time to replace any of them due to work. The other morning, I jump in the car to head to work and a low beam is out. Not having much time, I decide to replace both lows with the Rallyes. These are by far much brighter then the OEMs. A big differance in the amount of light and distance projected. If you don't want to go through the hassle of wiring HIDs, I would highly recommend going with the Rallyes.

Bought from ebay seller yahawada out of Hong Kong. Great prices and the real thing. Took around a week to get to Florida.

OSRAM off-road headlamp H7 12v/65W Px26d each: Super bright headlight made in Germany

I purchased a set from a US seller and they cost 3x this at the time. I have not installed them yet. My boxes are subtly different though.
Technically they are illegal, 55 W is the max under the law.
Osram Rallye 65w Ultra High Output H7 Special-Service Bulb

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-26-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:54 PM

I would say the legality is a somewhat grey area. Cops aren't gonna bother you since they can't possibly know the wattage of your bulbs when what they're looking out for is the lumins you're putting out. These Rallyes put out way less lumins then "legal" HIDs.

From Wiki:
HID headlamp burners produce between 2,800 and 3,500 lumens from between 35 and 38 watts of electrical power, while halogen filament headlamp bulbs produce between 700 and 2,100 lumens from between 40 and 72 watts at 12.8 V
I report to work every morning @ 4:45 am and pass the police every morning without a single incident. No one has ever flashed me.

Last edited by syfi; 02-26-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:03 PM

I would say the legality is a somewhat grey area. Cops aren't gonna bother you since they can't possibly know the wattage of your bulbs when what they're looking out for is the lumins you're putting out. These Rallyes put out way less lumins then "legal" HIDs.

From Wiki:

I report to work every morning @ 4:45 am and pass the police every morning without a single incident. No one has ever flashed me.
Maybe you have not been with the right crowd.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Maybe you have not been with the right crowd.
All I was stating is that these bulbs don't throw out near the lumins of the xenons on the Vettes, Caddies, Audis, BMWs and the like that I race into work every morning. They do light the road better then the OEMs which does make my drive safer, since I can spot much of the abundant wildlife (hogs, gators, deer, etc.) that roam across the causeway much sooner and easier. Peruse through the M/B, Vette, BMW and other forums and you'll find alot of owners who rave about the Rallyes. Not a single post about being pulled over as far as I have read.

Don't take my word on this. Just install the set you have and form your own opinion.

Safety First....

By the way, I've been to many a Bike Week in Daytona. So I've been flashed many times by the "right" crowd!

Last edited by syfi; 02-26-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:09 PM

All I was stating is that these bulbs don't throw out near the lumins of the xenons on the Vettes, Caddies, Audis, BMWs and the like that I race into work every morning. They do light the road better then the OEMs which does make my drive safer, since I can spot much of the abundant wildlife (hogs, gators, deer, etc.) that roam across the causeway much sooner and easier. Peruse through the M/B, Vette, BMW and other forums and you'll find alot of owners who rave about the Rallyes. Not a single post about being pulled over as far as I have read.

Don't take my word on this. Just install the set you have and form your own opinion.

Safety First....
I guess that one went over your head. It was a joke.
No one has ever flashed me. Just think about it.
Edit
OK now you get it. LOL

Old 02-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts

I think, no I know, I'll stick with my SilverStar Ultra'a. They are in the high and low beam slots and I drive with them on mostly during the day and night all the time. Extremely bright and haven't had one burn out on me yet!

Old 02-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
I think, no I know, I'll stick with my SilverStar Ultra'a. They are in the high and low beam slots and I drive with them on mostly during the day and night all the time. Extremely bright and haven't had one burn out on me yet!
You have a XFire with the most outstanding exterior color - Machine Gray!!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
You have a XFire with the most outstanding exterior color - Machine Gray!!
YeeeeHaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

I think I'll try a set of these to improve my XFire's night vision. Not really into installing HID kit.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the nice things about the projector lenses on our cars is that they have a line above which the projected light stops. So even with the increased output from a 65w bulb or a 55w HID etc, you're still not likely to be blinding oncoming traffic.

I had some very cheaply bought (and manufactured) 35w HIDs in mine for a while, and until one ballast died (after only 3 months) They were a huge improvement. I reinstalled standard H7s as a cheap stopgap until I can afford a High quality 55w HID setup, but the 65w Osram Rallyes intrigue me. Osram makes a fine bulb. (I worked in movie theatres for years, and most use Osrams in the film projectors.)

Old 03-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

If you order the ones in the EBay link above, don't expect speedy shipment for the $3 shipping charge.
I ordered on Feb 26, they finally made it to Chicago via ChinaMail on Mar 7 - they still haven't arrived here via USPS ......

Old 03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

I ordered on the 27th and delivery from China to Canada typically takes 20-30 days.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
If you order the ones in the EBay link above, don't expect speedy shipment for the $3 shipping charge.
I ordered on Feb 26, they finally made it to Chicago via ChinaMail on Mar 7 - they still haven't arrived here via USPS ......
Making it from China in 10 days by snail mail is pretty good, for $3 you cannot expect a super delivery time.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
I ordered on the 27th and delivery from China to Canada typically takes 20-30 days.
Let me know how good they are, I have the same bulb to install and mine cost more from a US supplier.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Making it from China in 10 days by snail mail is pretty good, for $3 you cannot expect a super delivery time.
Yea, I know, and I didn't.
Just saying ......

Old 03-11-2012, 11:36 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Let me know how good they are, I have the same bulb to install and mine cost more from a US supplier.
Will do. To be honest I presently have the Silverstar Ultra bulbs in my car and am quite happy with the way they project. Much better than some other vehicles I drive. I really bought these as future spares but I might as well put em in and try them out. I've been dodging plenty of deer in the last few weeks which worries me about bring my baby out of hibernation.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Will do. To be honest I presently have the Silverstar Ultra bulbs in my car and am quite happy with the way they project. Much better than some other vehicles I drive. I really bought these as future spares but I might as well put em in and try them out. I've been dodging plenty of deer in the last few weeks which worries me about bring my baby out of hibernation.
I am a bit concerned with the wires using these bulbs, should be OK I guess. As an electrician what are your thoughts? Could they harm the lenses do you think? With these costing so much and my ones almost perfect I would hate to damage them. If the DTRL feature is used then we have the full strength of the bulb on the lens 100% of the time.

I had HID's at one time and I was so so on them, bright enough but the delay was annoying.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:05 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

I am a bit concerned with the wires using these bulbs, should be OK I guess. As an electrician what are your thoughts? Could they harm the lenses do you think? With these costing so much and my ones almost perfect I would hate to damage them. If the DTRL feature is used then we have the full strength of the bulb on the lens 100% of the time.

I had HID's at one time and I was so so on them, bright enough but the delay was annoying.
That is my concern as well. The light assemblies are not cheap. I once ordered some Fog bulbs for my wifes old tahoe and threw them in. Within two minutes of running them I could smell plastic. Too late....... needed two new foglight assemblies. The bulbs from china had the wattage incorrectly marked and melted right through the foglights and the bulbs burned right through them and rested on the insideof the metal bumber. I will be very cautious.

Quick Reply: Great Osram Low Beams and Fogs