Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

RED/BLUE Corner Headlight BULBS

Old 06-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RED/BLUE Corner Headlight BULBS

Just added simple colored bulbs in the headlight since my factory looked yellowish even brand new from Sylvania.. I have HID 6k and LED AUDI STYLE DRL so stock bulb didnt go so well with the set up ... CHECK EM OUT and let me know which ones you like best...I will take more pics at night to see how they look...

RED>>2012-06-25153825.jpg
BLUE>>> 2012-06-25153755.jpg

Last edited by jonctovar; 06-25-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: ADD IMG
Old 06-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: RED/BLUE Corner Headlight BULBS

Please tell me you're joking.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Forum Regular

I'm kinda with Tom on this one. Though I think I would have been less douchey in saying so.

The Blue defineatly looks better than the Red but If I were You I would remove either before making a trip to Seattle! That setup is sure to get You shot by somebody up Here. Seeing as I Live here I'll forgoe colored lenses in the near term!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think they would be legal here. But what the hell. Do it up like a Christmas Tree if you want, after all, its your car.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:57 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions...and REMARKS... but I just couldn't live with the cheapy yellow bulb anymore looks 1980s..tried finding super white but coudlnt find it...leds looks blue..hid looks slighly blue..and yellow @ d top corner was just killing me...I've gotten a few pm asking where I got them...I'm glad I was able to help fellow xfire owners on what and what NOT TO DO...

Old 06-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I done the blue, done the yellowish factory ones, done the super white. I think I will try the red now that I seen it. A few night pics with the headlights off but other lights on with the red please!

I think my crossfires "eyes" need to have the "bloodshot" look. Kinda like the morning after...

Old 06-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jonctovar
Thank you all for your suggestions...and REMARKS... but I just couldn't live with the cheapy yellow bulb anymore looks 1980s..tried finding super white but coudlnt find it...leds looks blue..hid looks slighly blue..and yellow @ d top corner was just killing me...I've gotten a few pm asking where I got them...I'm glad I was able to help fellow xfire owners on what and what NOT TO DO...
I kinda like the blue!
Heck, do what you want, change it from time to time! It's all for the love of your XF!

Old 06-25-2012, 08:18 PM

I'd be real tempted to google state law on the color.. You might get lucky and have Johnny Law give you one chance to change them back before breaking out the ticket book. And definately forgo the dinner drink..

Old 06-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Get some WHITE LED CanBus bulbs - they won't be yellow ......

Error Free 2825 W5W LED Bulbs | Audi Mercedes Porsche Parking Lights

Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Get some WHITE LED CanBus bulbs - they won't be yellow ......

Error Free 2825 W5W LED Bulbs | Audi Mercedes Porsche Parking Lights
Johnny law states that for nm residents there can be colored lightbulbs as long as they aren't the main headlights....I will post pics as soon as it turn dark/dusk...

Old 06-25-2012, 09:38 PM

Johnny law states that for nm residents there can be colored lightbulbs as long as they aren't the main headlights....I will post pics as soon as it turn dark/dusk...
Then your good to go.. LOL.. they have Purple? Would match my Harley and the wife's Vstar! She already has the LED bling lights on her bike..

EDIT:

Local law trumphs federal law...???

Front Lamps

• To ensure that drivers can see the road in front of them, two or four headlights must be at the front of the vehicle with the capability of making both high and low beams. They must be colored white and be symmetrical.
    Federal law also requires parking lamps on any vehicle less than 2,032 mm wide. These parking lamps can be white or amber.

Last edited by Mrmiata; 06-25-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:45 PM

Well I can now quote State of AZ vs Justice Dpt...federal immigration law got bypassed by state lol

I'm sure they have purple...just search in ebay... led bulb size(whatever your looking for)

Old 06-25-2012, 09:47 PM

Well I can now quote State of AZ vs Justice Dpt...federal immigration law got bypassed by state lol
They didn't bypass.. they said screw U we'll do your job since you won't.. LOL.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:07 AM

I'm pretty sure that red/blue lights anywhere on the car except the brake/tail lights is illegal everywhere. Becomes confusing to drivers, thinking you may be a cop. If you're allowed to have two blue eyebrow lights in front, what's to stop someone else from making theirs flash and adding a siren? I think you may get in trouble with this, but i could be wrong, it's your call!

Old 06-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i got a fix it ticket when I was younger for having alternate colored bulbs in my front lenses. They told me flat our, red in the front is reserved for police/fire/albulance as is blue, but blue can also indicate a volunteer firefighter. Either way, unless you are transporting a patient or running to a fire, I think you will be hosed

I have done the LED/HID conversion and think the right cool white LEDs look amazing with 5K HIDs, pretty much spot on...

Old 06-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
I'm kinda with Tom on this one. Though I think I would have been less douchey in saying so.

The Blue defineatly looks better than the Red but If I were You I would remove either before making a trip to Seattle! That setup is sure to get You shot by somebody up Here. Seeing as I Live here I'll forgoe colored lenses in the near term!
So...telling the truth is douchey? Earth to you, blue and/or red lights on the front of a non-emergency vehicle is illegal in all 50 states (and DC). I was dead serious, I hoped he was joking because I assumed he had common sense. Having blue or red lights will invite the Police to stop you and check your car for more infractions to write you up for.

But as already stated, it's your car. Live and learn.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tjb421
I'm pretty sure that red/blue lights anywhere on the car except the brake/tail lights is illegal everywhere. Becomes confusing to drivers, thinking you may be a cop. If you're allowed to have two blue eyebrow lights in front, what's to stop someone else from making theirs flash and adding a siren? I think you may get in trouble with this, but i could be wrong, it's your call!
Bingo! When I was young, I thought it would be cool to put red lights in my front turn signals. I was pulled over on the way to work one morning (by 5 cruisers) and given the third degree on what lighting is acceptable. They assumed at first that I was impersonating a cop. When they realized how young (and dumb) I was, they cut me a break. They were nice enough to let me continue to work and fix the lights later, with a fix-it ticket. They COULD HAVE towed the vehicle.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:34 PM

Last night I got pulled over for not having sufficient light on my rear plate...lol then he let me go after he asked...What kind of car is this?? Maybe he got confused with the benz badge hahha...but he didn't say anytthing bout me red corners...for now I shall keep them

Old 06-26-2012, 07:17 PM

I can see it now if I get pulled over "Sir, I've never heard of an OSU crossfire"... LOL

Old 06-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Forum Regular

When I lived in Hawaii I had blue marker/turn signal bulbs in my '97 Dakota. Never had a problem anywhere expect on post where the MP's would heckle me over them. Too bad the MP's had no authority and all they could do was give me a slip of paper that said they thought I was a bad boy. My commander would laugh at it and throw it away every time.
By the way for reference, in Hawaii an on duty officer in his personal vehicle (very common) is indicated by a lit blue lamp attached to his/her roof. Blue meant on duty, flashing blue meant pull over. None of them ever cared that my lamps up front were blue. This was even in a time when whites were disliked because of their military presence on the island (pre 9/11).
I say do what you like until you are told you cannot do so. I am SUPPOSED to run a front license plate on my car, hasn't been one since I took the washington plate off right after I bought it. I roll by a satellite police station with frequent shift changes, officer traffic flow. None car, so neither do I. I am going to do the Audi style LED DRL mod and will probably put blue lamps in the corners to cue off the blue car.

Quick Reply: RED/BLUE Corner Headlight BULBS