Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

question for Vertical Doors Inc product customers please

Old 02-23-2013, 12:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for Vertical Doors Inc product owners please

I know this look is not for anyone but I happen to think it does look good on crossfires.
Anyways this thread was not intended to be a debate like I have seen happen in other lambo door threads but instead I have a couple of questions please for anyone who has happened to install the kit from Vertical Doors Inc. I have looked over the installation guide for our vehicle and I can live with the fact the windshield washer fluid container must be replaced with a smaller generic one, that does not have me concerned that much. What does have me concerned is the cutting of the inside of the fender specifically the removing of the 2 bolt mount points on the inner flap in the wheel well. you must cut/grind down that whole inner fold down to almost the top of the fender. I am not a structural engineer but I would imagine once that 90 degree ridge is pretty much eliminated and the 2 bolt points, would this not make the fender very flimsy and prone to being easily accidentally bent inwards? the process or cutting it down looks straight forward but i don't want fenders that can be easily pushed in and dented? Any insight from current owners of this kit who have done this would be greatly appreciated please.
thank you.

Last edited by 94rf9; 02-25-2013 at 08:48 PM.