Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Crossfire fiberglass rear diffusers made in Germany / Possible group buy

Old 11-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire fiberglass rear diffusers made in Germany / Possible group buy

They were shipped to me via DHL 10/27 (apparently they were put on a tramp steamer). Tracking shows they are in the USA and I should get them sometime this week. I'll post my impressions here when I receive them / inspect them / test fit them.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Crossfire fiberglass rear diffusers made in Germany / Possible group buy

Hi.........
I just used paypal for mine.
$306.00 us for the set.
Thanks again Red Dog....out my way and i'll buy a beer, or two, for all your work.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Now you are getting beer......that Indian name works.....lol

Old 11-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Forum Regular

Just received word from Stephan that mine is on it's way.
Any one have theirs yet??

Old 11-13-2014, 01:38 PM

I received my package from Germany today. The diffusers look great . . . beautiful . . . perfect!

I'm just heading out to drive a job and then going directly over to the other side of FL to tend to my parent's ongoing medical issues. I expect to be back home on Sunday and hope to install one set of the diffusers onto the rescue roadster. I will post a follow up and some photos here at that time . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 11-13-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by RED DOG
I received my package from Germany today. The diffusers look great . . . beautiful . . . perfect!

I'm just heading out to drive a job and then going directly over to the other side of FL to tend to my parent's ongoing medical issues. I expect to be back home on Sunday and hope to install one set of the diffusers onto the rescue roadster. I will post a follow up and some photos here at that time . . .
Overnight 'em to me and I'll let you know how they look BEFORE Sunday !

Old 11-16-2014, 04:03 PM

I installed the rear diffusers on the rescue roadster today . . .

dcp_4920_zpse5aa66a8.jpg

Nice quality / Good fit / Easy install Overall I am VERY satisfied. IMHO it fills in those gaps in the rear end where something was obviously missing.

My only issue is that the plastic push pins provided have a "screw in" type pin with a Phillips head. The slots in the head are not deep enough for proper grip of the Phillips head screw driver and the head strips out very easily. Tried using a slot head screwdriver and the plastic screw head stripped out with that too. I substituted stainless steel self tapping Phillips head screws and that worked perfectly (but now I will probably need to "black out" those stainless steel screw heads). My camera lens does NOT permit me to get clear close up photos but I think you'll get the idea . . .

I would recommend these German made diffusers for anyone wanting to install rear diffusers on their Crossfire . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 09-13-2019 at 11:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MAYAman (06-12-2021)
Old 11-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Forum Regular

Red Dog
looks great.
did ya pass on that info to Stephan???
from my few emails with him i think he would appreciate the constructive criticism.
got your beer sitting beer, when ya coming???
thanks again for your work on this.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by deltacrossfirebob
Red Dog
looks great.
did ya pass on that info to Stephan???
from my few emails with him i think he would appreciate the constructive criticism.
got your beer sitting beer, when ya coming???
thanks again for your work on this.
Yes I sent an e-mail with those same photos to Stephan . . . I suspect he will upgrade those push pins. It was nice that he even provided extra push pins with the kit . . . He's not trying to be cheap about it. Now I need to get my SSB rear bumper refinished so I can install the diffusers on that one!

Last edited by RED DOG; 11-16-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

from the photo, they look just like my factory ones....nice job

Old 11-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the three attachment holes on the diffuser the same distance from the back of the diffuser as the ones in the picture from post number one? It looks like from the recent picture the holes are more toward the middle middle of the diffuser.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:04 PM

Hi Rick, The attaching holes are at the edge of the diffuser piece exactly as in the photos of post #1. In my (low angle) photo you're also seeing the stock cover panels that are behind (forward of) the diffuser part. When looking at the rear of the car from a normal height, you really don't see those attaching push pins.

Last edited by RED DOG; 11-16-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:28 PM

Perfect thanks. I want to paint them the same color as the car and the dark holes would be distracting.

I’m thinking if I paint them it will lower the look of the car from the back. Has any one done this and is it a good look.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Timesnow
Perfect thanks. I want to paint them the same color as the car and the dark holes would be distracting.

I’m thinking if I paint them it will lower the look of the car from the back. Has any one done this and is it a good look.
I had thought of having them painted SSB for my other SRT6 but thinking of other cars that have rear diffusers, they are all pretty much flat black not body color. For now I'm going to stick with the flat black look down there . . . can always change later. If you paint yours body color please be sure to post some photos on this thread so we can all benefit from the results of your efforts.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Forum Regular

I put mine on with molding tape. No holes drilled. Got two rolls of tape and covered the back as much as I could and stuck them on. Two years and no trouble.

Old 11-17-2014, 03:01 PM

Do not use a screw driver to install push pins. Just push them in with your fingers.when you get them lined up correctly. Phillips head slots are for removing only. No tools required to install

Old 11-17-2014, 04:27 PM

Thanks . . . I tried that. The pins are threaded and I could not get them pushed in even with a hammer!

Old 11-17-2014, 04:36 PM

Might have to drill them out abit. Must be a German thing. ��lol

Old 11-17-2014, 08:23 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by mferreira3417
Might have to drill them out abit. Must be a German thing. ��lol

No......I think it may be a Portuguese thing.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:15 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

It's all Greek to me.

Quick Reply: Crossfire fiberglass rear diffusers made in Germany / Possible group buy