Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Crossfire fiberglass rear diffusers made in Germany / Possible group buy

Old 11-20-2014, 08:24 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire fiberglass rear diffusers made in Germany / Possible group buy

[QUOTE=RED DOG;819007]I installed the rear diffusers on the rescue roadster today . . .

My only issue is that the plastic push pins provided have a "screw in" type pin with a Phillips head. The slots in the head are not deep enough for proper grip of the Phillips head screw driver and the head strips out very easily. Tried using a slot head screwdriver and the plastic screw head stripped out with that too. QUOTE]

May be RED DOG , they where not Plillips at all . . . When a Phillips is not a Phillips! : JIS - Japanese Industrial Standard

Their is verry much more to learn on screws head type . . . http://www.instructables.com/id/When...lips/?ALLSTEPS

By the way . . . those diffusers fit nicely .

Daniel

Last edited by LagDan; 11-21-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Wrong last link . . . changed it for the good one .
Old 11-21-2014, 07:48 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire fiberglass rear diffusers made in Germany / Possible group buy

Hi Daniel, Thanks for that information. I'm sure that is exactly what we have in those push pins. I appreciate the new education . . .

Old 11-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking Re: Crossfire fiberglass rear diffusers made in Germany / Possible group buy

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Hi Daniel, Thanks for that information. I'm sure that is exactly what we have in those push pins. I appreciate the new education . . .
Welcome RED DOG . . . education is the key to understandding on how to " not to screw up " :-)

Has the writer of those link I have inserted in my previous post , in Step 8 he wrote . . . " Consumers are likely to think that any screw head with a cross drive recess is a Phillips, which can lead to problems . "

If reading carefully in the many steps refering to " + " shape screw head ,in http://www.instructables.com/id/When...lips/?ALLSTEPS , readers will learn on how to reconize the different mark of identification present on the head of some of these " + " shape screws .

I personaly learned about this in auto mecanic course I have followed in 1976 .It made me understand why I have stripped in the past ,so many + screw head on all of my Kawasaki and Honda motorcycle I had owned starting in 1971 .I was thinking that the problem was me ,but in fact , all those stripped screws where Japanese standard " JIS" and that I was simply using a Phillips screw driver .

Daniel

Last edited by LagDan; 11-21-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi.......
Received mine today.
Great looking product.
Stephan was great in keeping me posted on shipment.
THANK YOU RED DOG
Install in the next couple of days.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:17 AM

Thanks for your post here . . . Looking forward to a photo and your thoughts after the install . . .

Did anyone else actually order these rear diffusers from Stephan in Germany? Please post here too!

Last edited by RED DOG; 12-03-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:13 PM

Are these still available to individual buyers?

Old 08-01-2019, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by 6lack
Are these still available to individual buyers?
Unfortunately, we have been unable to contact Stephan in Germany over the past few years. He just kind of disappeared. Too bad because he provided a really nice product.

I just tried to email him again but I don't really expect a response . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 08-01-2019 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:13 PM

I have some REALLY GOOD NEWS. I was finally able to get through to Stephan in Germany. He still has the Crossfire rear diffusers available but is currently sold out. He is making more and is planning to have 20 sets available in about two weeks (6 of those are pre-orders and I am buying 3 sets so there will be 11 sets from this upcoming batch available). Stephan will be getting me the current pricing shipped to the USA. I will post back here as soon as I know and will also post his contact information so you can place an order directly with him.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:18 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm in for one pair. James

Originally Posted by RED DOG
I have some REALLY GOOD NEWS. I was finally able to get through to Stephan in Germany. He still has the Crossfire rear diffusers available but is currently sold out. He is making more and is planning to have 20 sets available in about two weeks (6 of those are pre-orders and I am buying 3 sets so there will be 11 sets from this upcoming batch available). Stephan will be getting me the current pricing shipped to the USA. I will post back here as soon as I know and will also post his contact information so you can place an order directly with him.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by James1549
I'm in for one pair. James
I was just writing you a PM! Now I don't have to! I hadn't forgotten about you!

Old 08-01-2019, 04:45 PM

Wunderbar! I take it these are better those available through thecrossfirestore.com?

Old 08-01-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by 6lack
Wunderbar! I take it these are better those available through thecrossfirestore.com?
These from Germany are the best ever made. Even better than the long ago sold out diffusers that Chrysler offered as an accessory. The poorly fitting ones offered through the crossfire store were (and probably still are ) junk.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:12 PM

Duly noted- please sign me up for a pair!
Does this German gent make anything for the front bumper (lip/chin/etc) or sides?

Old 08-01-2019, 06:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Red Dog - I'm glad to see that you have sort of taken the bull by the horn's. Thank you. When you get the pricing and the contact information for this fellow in Germany, could you let us know? Do you know if he has any photo's of his product? Would be nice of him.

Thanks again,

Jim Holian
hoolligan1938@gmail.com

Old 08-01-2019, 09:49 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Thanks Bob!

Old 08-02-2019, 06:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

First, English is not my Language. Please be lenient.

After receive a mail from Red Dog yesterday, I should get in to post here. It is really not understandable that nobody could reach me. ???
I already wondered why nobody reports from USA. ( NSA / CIA / Scully and Mulder ???? :-) )
Thought me, there are cheaper products, especially the shipping fees to US is not a special offer.

Still very active in the Crossfire scene, and always reachable via E-Mail.

Diffussors:

The demand is great, the delivery capacity is small. Most are already preordered at delivery. First in first out.

Next delivery I expected in 2 weeks. My manufacturer (one man show) is now on vacation for 3 weeks. He also needed and completely deserved.
The good news, the 20 sets are made, only the finish is missing. The delivery time is more likely by 6 weeks. Sorry.
There are now 8 pre-orders for this batch.12 are still available (today). Next batch (20 Sets) + 8 Weeks (hope dies last.. :-))

Cost:

the pricetag is 250.- Euro per Set (currently approx. 278.- USD)
Shipping Fees: Germany to USA = one Set, one Adress:

insured with tracking 40.- Euro (currently approx. 45.- USD)
uninsured without tracking 18.- Euro (currently approx. 20.- USD) NOT Recommend !!!!!!!

It is possible to save shipping fees by shipping multiple sets in one package, to one address.
Total fees are then depend on the total weight. By this version, a discount would also be possible for several sets.

However, I do not know if additional customs or US fees are due. Please tell me.

If anyone is interested, please preorder. --->

Please no PN, not over Webside, Only via E-Mail:

E-Mail ---> pre order

with follow informations:

Desired sets
Real Name
State
Zipp Code
City
Street Name
House number
Phone number

Important, please in this order ,or I'll be crazy, :-) because in USA a completely different address system is used.

No deposit required. No Risk. Payment (Paypall) becomes only important if the parts in my hands and ready to ship.

With best regards from Germany

Stenzel

Last edited by Stenzel; 08-02-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:29 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Bob:
Put me in for a set Please.
Thanks, Ken

Old 08-02-2019, 08:00 AM
Received 186 Likes on 154 Posts

I also want one set. Have sent Stenzel PM. his website email form would not work for me.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:59 AM

Hello all, Kindly note that I am not personally taking orders for the rear diffusers. Please look at post #56 for information on how to place your order directly with Stephan in Germany. Just click on the link he provided and it should put the email address right into your email client so it's ready to fill out and send. If you have trouble, the e-mail is:

Crossfire@stenzel-parts.de

Then I suggest you copy the following and and paste it into your e-mail so you can fill it out with your information in the order he has requested.

Desired sets

Real Name

State

Zip Code

City

Street Name

House number

Phone number

Happy ordering / ENJOY YOUR CROSSFIRE!

Last edited by RED DOG; 08-02-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for this info Bob (Mr. Dog). I was leary of the quality of the crossfire store ones.

I emailed my request for a set just now.

Bob T

Quick Reply: Crossfire fiberglass rear diffusers made in Germany / Possible group buy