Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Oracle lights in my car.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oracle lights in my car.

A year back I bought some second hand head units from the scrap yard and sent them off to Oracle USA for those cool RGB leds. I forgot to put a decent description in here, so here goes.

The reflectors and projectors were all painted flat black. Apparently it’s a bucket load of work, as the entire unit has to be cut open, but the result is pretty neat. It features an RGB halo kit, fitted to the front of the projectors. Inside each projector there are RGB ’demon eyes’ that light up the inside of the projector with the same color as the rings. This gives the glass a cool same color ghosting. The lights are situated on their own switched circuit, with a cool hidden tumbler switch in the handbrake pocket.

The entire setup is every electromechanic’s nightmare as each LCD has 4 wires. My setup has 8 RGB units (4 halos and 4 demon eyes). All the wires are run from the front of the car to the fire wall, where they are attached to a wifi controller. The wifi controller is hooked up to an app on my Iphone. The lights can ve switched to any color and intensity on the fly using the app. These babies are BRIGHT, both day and night time. Animation is also possible, so if you’re in a hurry, put on some red and blue strobes and watch those cars veer off, lol. You can also play pace-car with a cool blue strobe that’ll give you a stroke. If you’re feeling creative you can setup your own color animation, using any color and sequency (e.g. skipping, strobing, fade, etc) and go all out and light up like a Christmas tree. I myself like the light blue (a little lighter than pictured below) and the tangerine colour best. The red is great for car shows however.

The entire endevour is more expensive than buying new headlights. If you want something special that’ll turn some heads, I would recommend this.

Last edited by tyberium; 06-08-2018 at 05:36 PM.