General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Golf Ball injury

Old 05-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Golf Ball injury

Last night I was cleaning my XF in front of my home. I had finished the exterior and had the hood up cleaning the front part of the engine when I hear this loud...really loud sound. Scared the crap out of me for a milli secound. I looked around and did not see what caused the sound or where it came from.

Let me say that I was focused on cleaning the car before it got dark and after I heard the sound I went back to finishing. About 10 minutes later it dawned on me that something might have hit my XF. Sure enough on the front right fender there was a dent. When I examined the fender you could see the imprint and white scuff marks of a golf ball. I looked around the area and 30 yards away was a golf ball. The golf course is on the back side of the house. It was a direct hit, not a ricochet and because I had backed in to my parking spot I am unable to understand the direction the ball came from. Lifes a b***h.

Here is the irony.

I love golf and I love my SRT. I was sitting in the living room tonight talking to the wife and daughter and I mentioned about being bummed about the dent caused by the golf ball. The wife said it was a good thing the ball didn't hit you. It could have killed you. I looked at my daughter and we both started laughing.

Can you imagine dad cleaning his beloved car and getting killed by a golf ball. Now that's irony. We were both thinking the same thing.

What would my Epitaph say?

Last edited by RMADERMAN; 05-23-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned
Default Re: Golf Ball injury

here lies one happy dead golf guy?

Old 05-23-2008, 08:15 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

So what happened to the ball?

JK, sorry to hear about your dent.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Life is random...so am I.

I had a "90 Daytona for 2 weeks before I was passing a golf course and one hit my car.

I was pissed.......even more so when I saw the guys who's group the ball came from laughing their a**es off.

They weren't laughing soo hard when I got outta the car and started chasing them down with a softball bat. (Just so you don't think I'm a TOTAL a**, I was on the way home from a softball game, that's why I had the bat! )

Old 05-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, Rmaderman, yesterday some friends of mine were playing, a guy hit a ball, didn't yell fore or anything, caught 1 of them on the rt eye socket, less than inch from his temple...blk eye, cut, lot of swelling, I walked into the shop, saw the blk eye, and thought rough night at work (he owns a bar)...but no, just about got killed playing golf, go figure...but my XF, I would hunting down that rascal, rap a 9 iron around his neck.....

Old 05-23-2008, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by FP
So what happened to the ball?

JK, sorry to hear about your dent.
I got in my car and drove around looking for a group of golfers who would have played the 12th hole about 30 minutes after the ball hit my car. I drove up near a green (car on Street) and asked if any of them played Pinnicels. They all said they were playing Titilests. They had to ask why and I explained what happened. Each one came over and could not believe that what a nice car it was and that it s**cked. I laughed and said at least it could have been a Prov or prov1. We all laughed and I started to drive away. They went to the next hole and I drove my car down the cart path to the Tee box, got out and said "well I might as well hit the ball." The guy gave his driver and a tee. Understand that I had no shes on looked like I'd been cleaning a car for an hour. I got up on the dogleg and absolutely crushed the drive. These guys all started laughing. They could not believe I could just walk up and hit a 280 yard drive the way I looked. LOL I was pissed cause I was still thinking about the dent.

Time to find a dent wizard.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Golf Ball 1, SRT-6 driver 0

Wow, we are sure glad that it wasn't you getting hit! Sounds like the house is way too close to the course and hopefully stray ***** don't show up there again.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mimi05SRT6
Golf Ball 1, SRT-6 driver 0

Wow, we are sure glad that it wasn't you getting hit! Sounds like the house is way too close to the course and hopefully stray ***** don't show up there again.
Lived here for 22 years. House is 270 yards from tee box plus another 40 yards over the house. This was a first.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:57 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RMADERMAN
Lived here for 22 years. House is 270 yards from tee box plus another 40 yards over the house. This was a first.
So....... you were smoked by a Merc, hit by a ball? What's next? A dog going to pee on your leg?

Last edited by FP; 05-23-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
So....... you were smoked by a Merc, hit by a ball? What's next? A dog going to pee on your leg?
That's classic!

Old 05-24-2008, 03:41 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Having been a golfer for 35 years AND now living on a golf course, it needs to be pointed out that the golfer (NOT the golf course) IS responsible for any damages caused by an errant stroke. Be it a window, a forehead or a car.

If you can find the offender.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by FP
Probably mice up my tail pipe. LOL

Old 05-24-2008, 07:29 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Wow, Rmaderman, yesterday some friends of mine were playing, a guy hit a ball, didn't yell fore or anything, caught 1 of them on the rt eye socket, less than inch from his temple...blk eye, cut, lot of swelling, I walked into the shop, saw the blk eye, and thought rough night at work (he owns a bar)...but no, just about got killed playing golf, go figure...but my XF, I would hunting down that rascal, rap a 9 iron around his neck.....
Hey, Rmaderman, since this guy can drive about 400 yrds to clear your house and hit your car....I think I would reach in bag for a Big Birtha Driver to rap around this big guys head instead of the 9 iron...just a thought....Doc

PS...the cop in me suggests looking around the neighborhood instead, projectory doesn't sound right...

Old 05-24-2008, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Hey, Rmaderman, since this guy can drive about 400 yrds to clear your house and hit your car....I think I would reach in bag for a Big Birtha Driver to rap around this big guys head instead of the 9 iron...just a thought....Doc

PS...the cop in me suggests looking around the neighborhood instead, projectory doesn't sound right...
Agree the direction did not make any since. Plus there was a SUV one parking space over. It had to be an idiot hitting the ball purposely away over the houses. He is just lucky I was having a senior moment and did not initially connect the loud sound with a golfball hitting my XF.

I think I could have caught up to the golf cart with the the 181 pulley in my SRT. LOL I can see the headlines.
"GOLFER SEVERLY INJUREDI N GOLF CART, HIT BY CROSSFIRE"

Old 05-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Agree the direction did not make any since. Plus there was a SUV one parking space over. It had to be an idiot hitting the ball purposely away over the houses. He is just lucky I was having a senior moment and did not initially connect the loud sound with a golfball hitting my XF.

I think I could have caught up to the golf cart with the the 181 pulley in my SRT. LOL I can see the headlines.
"GOLFER SEVERLY INJURED IN GOLF CART, HIT BY CROSSFIRE"
Now that there is funny...

Old 05-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Forum Regular

"GOLFER SEVERLY INJURED IN GOLF CART, HIT BY CROSSFIRE"
Unless the golf cart has an S600 motor in it....

Old 05-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Banned

probably the new neighbor that's driving a S500!

Old 05-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Golf Ball injury

Sorry to hear about the dent and glad it did not hit you!!! I guess you were just "caught in the Crossfire", (pun intended....just couldn't resist).

Last edited by CrossfireLTD; 05-24-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live next to a course and have found ***** on my lawn a few times. I never thought of how much damage they could cause. Glad to hear it missed you, sorry to hear it hit the car.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Forum Regular

i'm just glad i live behind the tee box!

Quick Reply: Golf Ball injury