General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Mid life crisis?

Old 11-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mid life crisis?

Is it really a mid-life crisis when we are in out 40's-50's and we buy our "toys". I have this converstion all the time with my wife when ever I want to buy something new. I explain when I was younger, I could't afford all the "toys" back then, house payment's, kids. etc. Now that I'm making more money, have more than one home, (rentals), so together we have more than enough money. I want to enjoy my life. I still ride dirtbikes, my Harley, my Daytona, etc. She has no problem for us shelling out a thousand bucks, (one night only!) next weekend for a suite so we can "entertain" a small gathering of family. I told her if it rain's, were cancelling the suite. I kinda want to go, but a grand for one night! I told her tonight I wanted to buy a mountain bike, nothing fancy, maybe $300 tops. There are some dirt roads I want to ride up to a secret resivor in the local mountains. She told me to get on the stairmaster for 10 minutes, then jump in the pool, it would be the same thing! I also want to buy a new Ducati,(1098s), she says why a Du-cat-i, when U- got- me! Sure was simplier before I got remarried! But I love her still. (had to put that in case she see's this thread)!

Old 11-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Mid life crisis?

that's too funny, but true...my wife's problem w/ me is my mid-life crisis started when I was 25...

Old 11-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Bat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well first off, my strongest bit of advice: no offense to your wife but BUY THAT DUCATI!!! I have an M750 and a 696 and my bf has an 848. Worth absolutely every penny and then some. Although you may be ruined for other bikes, lol.

As for the mid-life crisis...lol! This is no crisis, it's simply enjoying the fruits of one's labors. As you pointed out, most of us aren't in the right financial situation to indulge ourselves when we are younger. Why not do it now when we have the means and the maturity to handle it? I know I sure appreciate what I have so very, very much now.

We aren't in mid-life crisis - we are in mid-life blessing!

Old 11-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what I tell myself! Wife is the frugal one. I collect high end watches, maybe buy 2-3 a year, which I plan to pass on so my son, and he even has purchased a couple of nice watches, but heaven forbid I mention her purse collection....Micheal Cohrs, (sp), Coach, Juicy Coutor, (sp) etc, which just pile up in the closet. Before I got remarried, I used to buy a new motorcycle every birthday for like the last 6 years, I would sell one of the older models to help pay the cost. Last one was aTriumph Daytona 955i back in April 05. Guess when I got remarried....March 06, you think I got to buy a new bike? lol! NO!

Old 11-23-2008, 01:41 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
that's too funny, but true...my wife's problem w/ me is my mid-life crisis started when I was 25...
HAHA that made me laugh out loud. Im 24 years old so i dont understand just yet what you all go through but maybe i should stay single for as long as is possible. and so what that your older and stil enjoy your cars.. you only live life once and better having fun with cars than cheating on your wives.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:38 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

cheating???? now that can get expensive....let me tell ya....better to take @ss chewing for buying something than cheating...they can take all your toys then....so, yes enjoy it now if you can...but it is hard to do once you get married, have a mortgage and kids...then college tuition for the kids, etc, etc....

Old 11-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Forum Regular

From my perspective, I've not had a mid-life crisis ... MrsS tells a diffeent story, but it's interesting to note that from HER perspective, my crisis began and ended in perfect accordance with her "change of life" ... and from both perspectives, the ending of my "crisis" has been a good thing ...

For me, my Crossfire isn't so much a part or symptom of a mid-life crisis ... it's more of a graduation-from-the-crisis gift that I've given myself ... and, happily for me, MrsS enjoys the car as much as I do (except when I drive too fast, which is most of the time if you were to believe her version) ...