General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

No (Screaming) Kids Allowed

Old 09-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts
Default No (Screaming) Kids Allowed

'bout damn time.

Ashley Heflin says, "I've never seen a restaurant say don't bring your screaming kids in here. You can't help if your kids scream."
Ashley, and parents like her, are the problem here, not the restaurant.

If I lived there, I'd be in there every day.

"It has brought us in more customers than it's ever kept away."
I am SURE that is the case.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: No (Screaming) Kids Allowed

I can't stand it neither. When I go to a restaurant and they try to sit me near children, I ask for a table further away. If I'm already seated and a family with small children are seated near me, I ask to be moved. However, I do go to a restaurant prepared with ear plugs.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking Re: No (Screaming) Kids Allowed

One of my patent applications was going well until Sept 11 2001. After taking several flights in the same year I decided that aerosol crazy glue could be a big hit at the in terminal kiosks. It was to be a small discrete spray can that held standard medical grade crazy glue, but with the propellant and all it was hitting 4.6 ounces min, and thats without the cap!
Plan was when the kid behind you kicks the seat or starts screaming or running in the aisle, you give a brief citrus sented shot to the seat back, aisle armrest, or face / hands of this little segment of bed trash. Silence would be long lasting and assured, and it could be used in public places of meeting also. Theaters, hotel lobbies, swim pools, and fast food resturants.

TSA mandates limited the carry on to 3 ounces and sank my battle ship so to speak. But it seemed to garner alot of support from middle aged individuals.

I had developed and never patented a dog buster to stop barking by having a high end speaker set to about 22KHZ and a trigger set off by loud noises in the back yard. It actually got thoes Californians nextdoor to bring in their dog, howled something terrific as it heard the 15 watt squeel. Man it was a hoot till the wife took a broom stick to the speaker, seems that our two kids were acting oddly and refused to go outside or in the backyard..........rats.

That one should have been patented, would have been my 13th. There are several on the market and now the USPS postal carriers have a battery dog dazer of the same design. Curses I missed another one. One guy inengland used it to drop a horse in a race with a speaker hidden in binoculars, he got 'pinched' when he got greedy. Foolish old sot.

Now for the kid spray, well on land that could still be a good idea, works for teens too.

Enjoy, Woody

Last edited by waldig; 09-09-2010 at 04:18 PM.