General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

The hardest post I've ever had to make...

Old 09-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The hardest post I've ever had to make...

To keep a long story short.......... I went into the dealership last night to try to get a last bit of warranty work done (700 miles left on the warranty), and I ended up walking out as the new owner of a 2010 Challenger R/T.

There were many reasons to trade in the ol' Crossfire, some personal, some car related. In the end the dealer made me a more than fair offer on the Cross, and a huge discount on the Challenger.

I think the thing I'll miss most about the Crossfire is the feeling of camaraderie I get from belonging to this forum. I've met some awesome people here, both in person and just through a screenname. I'm going to try hard to find a Challenger Forum that's as good as this one, but I'm not holding my breath either.

I'm not gone for good....... I'll still pop on here to see how everyone's doing. I'll definitely come by and harass you guys at the hotel for Woodward! (burnout contest anyone! )

Old 09-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: The hardest post I've ever had to make.......

Ah, Apkano, congrats on the new R/T. Awesome. What color? I understand your feelings about the forum. But for as much as I love the Cross, the fact remains it is just a car, like the R/T will be, and someday it will be time to let mine go too, and if I can get a great price, and a great discount on the one next I want, then my alabaster coupe will be like "poof, be gone!" LOL. Stick around. would love to hear how you're liking the Challenger. I thought that would be my next car, but when I realized I couldn't afford the R/T, and would have to settle for the reg or even the V6 then after sitting in it I realized I would probably come to hate that car.

BTW, a friend of mine just bought a new Camaro, and while he likes looking at it in his driveway, he's already talking about how relatively uncomfortable the car is to drive. Not a good sign.

have fun, and please post some pics!!!!! Mark

Old 09-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I may have lost my mind, but didn't you already buy a Challenger SRT-8 last year sometime?

Either way, congrats on the new purchase and DEFINITELY stick around.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve, it was nice to meet you a few times at Woodward, and I have always enjoyed your comments, congrats on the new car. Please post up some pics and some impressions about the driveability and comfort of the car, especially compared to the XF. I am sure there are many on here, like myself, who have always thought they did a great job on the new challengers, I am sure it is a blast.....

Don't be a stranger.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:50 PM

Congrats and good luck with the Challenger.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I like the Challenger .... if only it wasn't so darned huge and heavy! So tell us some of the details, 6 speed?

Les

Old 09-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 538 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by apkano
To keep a long story short.......... I went into the dealership last night to try to get a last bit of warranty work done (700 miles left on the warranty), and I ended up walking out as the new owner of a 2010 Challenger R/T.

There were many reasons to trade in the ol' Crossfire, some personal, some car related. In the end the dealer made me a more than fair offer on the Cross, and a huge discount on the Challenger.

I think the thing I'll miss most about the Crossfire is the feeling of camaraderie I get from belonging to this forum. I've met some awesome people here, both in person and just through a screenname. I'm going to try hard to find a Challenger Forum that's as good as this one, but I'm not holding my breath either.

I'm not gone for good....... I'll still pop on here to see how everyone's doing. I'll definitely come by and harass you guys at the hotel for Woodward! (burnout contest anyone! )
You ain't leavin that easy pal. Once a crossie, always a Crossie. It matters little whether you have one in the garage or not.

See ya around.

BYW< Many of us are concerned about Chrysler and their chances of success. Let us know your opinion of thebuild quality of your new toy. Please.

Inquiring minds want to know.

franc

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 09-21-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Steve - Per the above comments, you've been a valuable contributor to the forum and you're always welcome. Definitely stay in touch.

Last edited by harbor; 09-21-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good luck with the car. BTW, A blue Hemi Challenger R/T was the first victim of the V8 Crossfire. Totaly smoked him. His extra 1000 pounds was what he blamed the loss on.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Forum Regular

Just got the wife the Challenger SRT8 Plum Crazy in July, just a note to you on your new Challenger R/T there has been a stahling out problem with the R/T and the SRT8 models, and over 15 pages of post about a lot of them, my wifes died once so far with only 3,000 miles on her but it started right back up and has not done it since It appears Chrysler does not have a solution as of yet go to www.challengertalk.com Just a heads up.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Your story is kind of funny because I ended up buying my Crossfire when I went into a dealer looking for a Challenger R/T or SRT-8. Buying the XFire saved me about $30,000!

Old 09-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The hardest post I've ever had to make...

Like most 'car clubs' (online) these days... once a member, always a member.
And it appears that you have contributed much to this one, so no need to go... !!!

Insofar as the Challenger Classic R/T... we got the B5 Blue and absolutely love it.
Enjoy and don't be a stranger.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh Steve say it an't so! Enjoy the new ride it will be fun no doubt. Gary and I have enjoyed the times we all hung out at WW, don't be a stranger- friends are friends no matter what they drive up in…unless it's a little piece of crap-then we don't know you

Old 09-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by apkano

Can't wait to tear into that challenger, and the challeng....nice car buddy, no need to be sad, I am still friends with all the vette owners I use to hang with...

Old 09-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 527 Likes on 362 Posts

Steve,
Congrats on the new purchase.
As the others here said don't be a stranger and always come spend time with us at Woodward.
We'll make an exception for you and let you park with the rest of us buddy ..LOL unless you end up with the Challenger boys instead.

Now go see what Needswings can do for this ride.
PS...did you pull the single Needwings CAI off before the trade.
It was the proto afterall and might be worth some $$ to someone.

Later , Gary

Old 09-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

sorry to hear it steve, well congrats on the new car, ill call ya next time we plan to go to milan. what dealership has your old car?

Old 09-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Steve's car would look really good with an E55 in it Rob...it would serve him right....lol

Old 09-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Steve
First of all congrats on the new R/T, now you got a pair to play with I was just reading about the new 392 for next year. It's going to have 475 hp from that 6.4l
Now I've got to figure out who am I going to run against at the track I'll also miss the syncronized sideway ballets that we've put on......
Enjoy the new ride and keep in touch, we should get together with Rob for a test and tune day before the end of the season. I may even let you ride in the Crossfire you traitor

Last edited by MI1XFIRE; 09-21-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on the new car! They really do ride and go great.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats on the Challenger Steve and don't be a stranger and stop by the Marriott during Woodward. ......and you never made it to the Dragon.

Quick Reply: The hardest post I've ever had to make...