General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please
View Poll Results: If you could do it over again, which would you choose?
Chrysler Crossfire
69.57%
Lotus Elise
30.43%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Choices: Crossfire vs. Lotus Elise

Old 06-23-2004, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Besides all the track specs. Hands down the XFire is much more esthetically pleasing. Plus not to be discriminatory but have you ever seen an English car without problems with the exception of the ones that cost above 250K.

Not only that but where else can you get a killer lease than on a new American car with low sales!!

Old 06-23-2004, 03:42 AM
Forum Regular

A nice choice to have to make. You will be pleased whichever car you buy, but I wouldn't be comparing these cars as they are so different. Select the car on the type of driving you will be doing, and whether or not this will be your only car.

Lotus is faster and I would say more fun, but the XF has the best looks, is better for rapid cruising, and is more practical day to day, and I would expect it is less tiring on long journeys. [Make sure you get a long test drive in the Lotus to check if it is comfortable.]

If you want a loud, unrefined and fast car with no practical load carrying ability, buy the Lotus (do you get the Exige over there, as I think that would be a better model?). If you want the perfect cruising machine with looks to die for, get the XF.

Over here the VX220 turbo is giving the Lotus a run for the money, as its better value. Other trendy fast cars are the Noble M12, the TVR range and the Caterham (great if you don't get much rain).

I considered the Z4, Boxster, and M3 along with the XF. I seem to be alone in not liking the styling of the TT.

I would definitely buy the XF again. Interestingly enough, I bought the XF without a test drive, which is unusual for me - just had to have one.

At the end of the day, you will live with your decision every day.....

We have a saying over in England regarding Lotus - Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious.

Old 06-23-2004, 06:59 AM
Forum Regular

I don't like the look of the TT either. It looks like a VW Beetle with a lower roof!. I looked at the Boxster but it is too common and higher insurance. The M3 was out of my price range, but again it is common in the UK now. I don't like the look of the Z4. I used to have a Z3 M coupe but I don't like the Z4. I looked at the 350z and RX8. The RX8 looks rubbish, the 350z is bigger and faster but less refined for the long journeys.

Old 06-23-2004, 12:43 PM

the Z4 looks like crap, but used M3s can be had in this price range.

and i agree that the RX8 is over rated. it may handle well, but it does not deliver the whole pacakges. the interior is cheap and the engine always sounds like it's struggling.

Old 06-23-2004, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by baco99
the RX8 is over rated. it may handle well, but it does not deliver the whole pacakges.
I have read many reviews that talk about how well the RX8 handles. I drove one and was not impressed. But I didn't drive it hard. I have only seen one autocrossing and it was so unimpressive that the guy hasn't been back. There are plenty of Miatas and RX7s autocrossing but no RX8s. We even have a bunch of 350Zs but not a single RX8. I find that very strange for a car that "handles so well" and is at every stop light but not on a track.... Mmmmm could it be that it's handling is very over rated too??? :roll:

Old 06-23-2004, 03:33 PM

i actually took it out pretty hard on my test drive and was impressed. The car seems to be able to take a lot of abuse very easily. And the driving position is comfortable.

Dumbness #1: When you opt for the power driver seat, there is no seatback release **** for a rear passenger to get in. So, you open both doors and then have to power the seat forward (which takes forever), and then find your position again (since there's no seat memory). HELLO!??!