General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Crossfire in accident with motorcycle

Old 05-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crossfire in accident with motorcycle

I hope it's no ones kid from here if it is sorry, this kid is a real a**. And if the parent knew he had a suspended license and let him drive is a bigger a** and should both be in jail.

Tulsa Street Race Sends Man To Hospital - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Old 05-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Default Re: Crossfire in accident with motorcycle

Wow, depending on location several differing opinions of what happened. But they all nail the teen Crossfire driver. He is lucky he didn't kill the guy.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 AM

Tragic on several levels. There is a time and place for everthing. Busy highway with a car and a motorcycle sharing the same road is dangerous enough, much less if they were racing. The story as it stands on its own really needs more information. In the 18 year olds defense it states that his D.L. was expired. One may conclude from that. he may have just not renewed it on his birthday or whatever. THis is better than suspended or revoked due to points or failure to pay. At the end of the day you hate to see two young people suffer for a crash if poor judgement was the primary factor in the crash

Old 05-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with John on this one. Also, a bike is way too fast to race anyways, what was the teenager thinking. If you want to race, take it to a legal track. Teenagers sometimes learn the hard way. Hopefully the driver of the bike will make a full recovery and both learn from their mistakes.

Last edited by Mimi05SRT6; 05-30-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have owned and raced bikes, and still ride an old Harley. Cars and bikes don't mix....no matter how you look at it. Playing in traffic will get someone hurt, if they even knew each other. If the kid driving the car started to chase the kid on the motorcycle for being cutoff or whatever his excuse, he should have been charged with "road rage" reckless driving. The story says "suspended" license. I can see why. Wreckless drivng, causing injury, vehicular assualt, will carry jail time, at least in my state....no excuses here. It's one thing to use bad judgement and play, but seems to be road rage to me. Doesn't look like they knew each other. I know of no modified XF, including the V-8's that would ever stay with a sport bike with an experienced rider...Stupidity ruled this day, and he and his mom, unfortunately will pay civily with big bucks on this one...

Old 05-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Some people just are not using their God given brain for anything but to keep their ears spaced apart.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acrispy1
I hope it's no ones kid from here if it is sorry, this kid is a real a**. And if the parent knew he had a suspended license and let him drive is a bigger a** and should both be in jail.

Tulsa Street Race Sends Man To Hospital - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |
how did you determine the kid was an ***? according to the story the teen's license was expired not suspended and I didn't see any quotes from the teen.

not trolling, just trying to figure out where you get your opinion from.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
how did you determine the kid was an ***? according to the story the teen's license was expired not suspended and I didn't see any quotes from the teen.

not trolling, just trying to figure out where you get your opinion from.
My opinion comes from reading what 2 witnesses said, 1 said " I seen the car on the bikers tail, way to close for anyone to be on another automobile alone on a bike. My husband was driving and I was screaming that the guy in the car was going to hit that biker. I felt the biker was trying to get away from the car tailgating so close."
The other said " This "accident" happened in front of me. I was driving in the left lane when the bike came racing by at high speed and passed me, immediately followed by the car, also at a high rate of speed. I saw no other car in that middle lane. I was an unwilling witness to a deliberately caused accident. I saw the car continue to race away after hitting the motorcycle, and saw the rider fly into the air and land many feet away from the point of impact. I did not see the rider land on the car, I only saw the car continue to speed away. Due to the number of cars that immediately stopped to render aid, I continued on to try to obtain a license plate number. The driver eventually stopped and backed up, stopping about 100 feet from the injured rider."

Old 05-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acrispy1
My opinion comes from reading what 2 witnesses said, 1 said " I seen the car on the bikers tail, way to close for anyone to be on another automobile alone on a bike. My husband was driving and I was screaming that the guy in the car was going to hit that biker. I felt the biker was trying to get away from the car tailgating so close."
The other said " This "accident" happened in front of me. I was driving in the left lane when the bike came racing by at high speed and passed me, immediately followed by the car, also at a high rate of speed. I saw no other car in that middle lane. I was an unwilling witness to a deliberately caused accident. I saw the car continue to race away after hitting the motorcycle, and saw the rider fly into the air and land many feet away from the point of impact. I did not see the rider land on the car, I only saw the car continue to speed away. Due to the number of cars that immediately stopped to render aid, I continued on to try to obtain a license plate number. The driver eventually stopped and backed up, stopping about 100 feet from the injured rider."
K sorry, I didn't see any quotes in the article you referenced. my apologies.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
K sorry, I didn't see any quotes in the article you referenced. my apologies.
No problem. Scroll down through the comments.