General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Helped a biker at Deal's Gap (video)

Old 10-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Helped a biker at Deal's Gap (video)

So this past Dragon GTG we had a few bikers assisted by our awesome community. Dr. Jane Bridges has posted about the scariest ordeal while we were there. Our situation was thankfully less serious. We had a group of newbies, self included, doing the first full run on the Tail of the Dragon when we(itsky) saw a biker lose it gracefully off the asphalt and into the ditch. He managed to keep the bike upright, but when trying to exit the ditch he got stuck on the crankcase. As the video shows, you hear him revving the bike and digging his rear wheel further in the moist soil. It was at that point that I told him to stop digging his bike in and see if I could hopefully help him out. It took his "old lady"(no disrespect meant) slapping him a few times for him to notice what I was trying to do. Thankfully, he heeded the advice of us both and quit gunning it long enough for me to lift him out, with him still on the bike!! Best part was that Phil from SC had his GoPro on right behind me to catch the whole thing on video. If you turn up your speakers, you can make out our radio banter.

Later, while stopped at a pull-off, we were recounting the story when out of nowhere we heard "That's him! That's the guy!!" Turning around, I noticed a guy getting off his bike and beeline straight towards me. It was the biker I had helped out coming over to give me thanks and a bro-hug. Their entire group was elated to see us and asked about the video and our forum. So I figured I had waited long enough to post this, and thanks to Shibing(kuratsunade) we have a YouTube video with hilarious dubbing. Here's a link for you to enjoy:

Last edited by chuK_138; 10-15-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Helped a biker at Deal's Gap(video)

Originally Posted by chuK_138
So this past Dragon GTG we had a few bikers assisted by our awesome community. Dr. Jane Bridges has posted about the scariest ordeal while we were there. Our situation was thankfully less serious. We had a group of newbies, self included, doing the first full run on the Tail of the Dragon when we(itsky) saw a biker lose it gracefully off the asphalt and into the ditch. He managed to keep the bike upright, but when trying to exit the ditch he got stuck on the crankcase. As the video shows, you hear him revving the bike and digging his rear wheel further in the moist soil. It was at that point that I told him to stop digging his bike in and see if I could hopefully help him out. It took his "old lady"(no disrespect meant) slapping him a few times for him to notice what I was trying to do. Thankfully, he heeded the advice of us both and quit gunning it long enough for me to lift him out, with him still on the bike!! Best part was that Phil from SC had his GoPro on right behind me to catch the whole thing on video. If you turn up your speakers, you can make out our radio banter.

Later, while stopped at a pull-off, we were recounting the story when out of nowhere we heard "That's him! That's the guy!!" Turning around, I noticed a guy getting off his bike and beeline straight towards me. It was the biker I had helped out coming over to give me thanks and a bro-hug. Their entire group was elated to see us and asked about the video and our forum. So I figured I had waited long enough to post this, and thanks to Shibing(kuratsunade) we have a YouTube video with hilarious dubbing. Here's a link for you to enjoy:2012 Fall Crossfire GTG - Chuk Da Man! - YouTube
AWESOME! Two thumbs up from the swede!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Helped a biker at Deal's Gap (video)

Wow I wish at my age I could lift a motocycle...NICE!!!!!