General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Crossfire Shoulder

Old 07-30-2017, 09:22 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Crossfire Shoulder

so, my left shoulder has been sore for a few months now, tingling has developed in my left hand on three fingers..not good when playing guitar...I think I pinpointed the source which is , pushing myself out of the Crossfire with my left arm has aggrivated an old shoulder injury. Do any of you suffer from left shoulder aggrivation due to climbing out of our cars?...Across the pond I assume it would be the right shoulder since they drive from the right side. This takes away from the "Grin Factor" and may lead to a premature love-lost relationship with my Crossfires. I did learn to push against the door jam instead of the leather seat which is showing new cracks and threadwear....not good.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:09 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Shoulder

Have you tried one of those handle things that you stick into the door latch ?

Amazon Amazon

I haven't, but I am aware of them. Let us know if you try it please !

Old 07-30-2017, 10:17 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
so, my left shoulder has been sore for a few months now, tingling has developed in my left hand on three fingers..not good when playing guitar...I think I pinpointed the source which is , pushing myself out of the Crossfire with my left arm has aggrivated an old shoulder injury. Do any of you suffer from left shoulder aggrivation due to climbing out of our cars?...Across the pond I assume it would be the right shoulder since they drive from the right side. This takes away from the "Grin Factor" and may lead to a premature love-lost relationship with my Crossfires. I did learn to push against the door jam instead of the leather seat which is showing new cracks and threadwear....not good.
Maybe it is just an age thing, when you look for things to blame you almost always come back to the fact your are getting older if not wiser.

Thread wear and cracks in the upholstery are mostly the result of rubbing against the sea back getting in the car. This is one of the spots to look out for when buying a car.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:24 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Maybe it is just an age thing, when you look for things to blame you almost always come back to the fact your are getting older if not wiser.

Thread wear and cracks in the upholstery are mostly the result of rubbing against the sea back getting in the car. This is one of the spots to look out for when buying a car.
Dave,

you're still cruel....but right! As we age....it's never us...it's everything in the universe turning against us.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:25 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Which 3 fingers? And, yes. I'm serious. You can trust me-I'm an engineer.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The three fingers are from the little finger inward...sometimes the top is numb, sometimes the bottom is numb..sometimes the whole left hand is tingly...Old age , yea, I agree, just hit 60 last week.
~..no, I havent tried the little handle thing, but I have seen them as well.
~ The leather wear and threadwear at the drivers seat has happened basically since I have had the car ...going on 2 years I think..(black srt)...The rescue srt seats are nice and of course the roadster never gets driven so those seats are in great shape....And here I am , looking at another srt in Titusville....I think I may have a fever..

Old 07-31-2017, 12:44 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Dave,

you're still cruel....but right! As we age....it's never us...it's everything in the universe turning against us.

You got it, ladders that wobble as soon as you step on them, tools that are'nt where you left them and often dissapear for ever, mirrors that show deep facial wrinkles that you swear we're not there yesterday.
You know you are in trouble when the doctor is amazed to see you again.
Old age is not for the faint of heart.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:04 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

I did learn to push against the door jam instead of the leather seat which is showing new cracks and threadwear....not good.
At 66, getting in & out of the Crossfire is definitely not as easy as early on. As for getting out, I have always used the door sill area to push off when I "lift" myself out of the car. And getting in, I typically have to sit in the seat and swing my legs into the footwell. I have always paid close attention to how I get in so as not to rub the side bolster on the driver's seat. And after nearly 9 years of ownership, still no signs of the typical bolster wear.