General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Irma/Maria - survived

Old 10-31-2017, 07:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Irma/Maria - survived

Woooow...you can see straight thur that building in the back ground.

Old 07-20-2018, 02:44 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Update time! Puerto Rico is alive, open and ready for visitors. It's still a paradise. Beautiful and full of friendly people. All the mess has been cleaned up. BUT infrastructure repairs are taking forever. Most traffic lights still are inoperable. Most street lights are inoperable or just turned off making night trips a horrifying experience. However, the tourist areas are good to go so come on down. Money needed to really move things along is dripping in. Insurance company's are dragging their feet and playing hard ball. But that's another story. Getting back to the old normal .... I don't see it happening for at least a decade. The new normal isn't bad however, just a whole lot different than were used to.

Les

Old 07-20-2018, 04:34 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by velociabstract
Update time! Puerto Rico is alive, open and ready for visitors. It's still a paradise. Beautiful and full of friendly people. All the mess has been cleaned up. BUT infrastructure repairs are taking forever. Most traffic lights still are inoperable. Most street lights are inoperable or just turned off making night trips a horrifying experience. However, the tourist areas are good to go so come on down. Money needed to really move things along is dripping in. Insurance company's are dragging their feet and playing hard ball. But that's another story. Getting back to the old normal .... I don't see it happening for at least a decade. The new normal isn't bad however, just a whole lot different than were used to.

Les
I am sure you just need a few more paper towels thrown your way.
Typical story with the insurance companies though, makes you wonder why you waste money on it at times.
I am glad you are slowly moving ahead, reminds me of New Orleans though.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A new norm. Its tuff for anyone , to have to ever say that. Speaks volumes for your fortitude! I can only guess, how hard the decision was to stay ; many didn't.