General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Car salesman Help (I know you are in here)

Old 02-27-2006, 05:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car salesman Help (I know you are in here)

I am about to lemon my vehicle but am giving chrysler a chance to make it right. I have an appointment with the regional manager tomorrow to discuss buyback/trade in assistance to get out of this lemon. What are his limitations on assistance? Is there a dollar amount? I went through this once with Ford and it was completely up to the dealer/regional manager...is it the same with Chrysler? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. this thing is four months old and has spent more than 18 days in the shop...(30 is the magic number). They are replacing the transmission and convertible top seals as we speak...

Thanks again!

~ Jess

Old 03-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Default Re: Car salesman Help (I know you are in here)

Like you said, it is up to the dealer and regional manager how much they want to help you.
Remember one thing for the rest of your life, "you get further with sweet than you do with sour", be professional and nice and they will take care of you.

If you need to be stern or aggressive, do it in a nice way, its not what you do, its how you do it. Its not what you say, its how you say it.

good luck, hope everything turns out for the better.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:46 PM

Thanks! They have turned this over to ISG who should be contacting me today or tomorrow. "GoodEnough" (from this forum) said she had a similar instance and that they offered buyback instead of "MSRP for MSRP" exchange. My challenge right now is that there is only one convertible left on island (an SRT), and the dealer doesn't negotiate on SRT's (period). They still have an '04 Viper SRT on the showroom. The SRT-6 has pitted disks, flat tires, and a lot of residue on the car from sitting, not to mention the roof seals are hard as a rock as well. I wonder how the engine seals are doing??

Thanks for your input. You were absolutely correct. The Regional guy said that because I maintained my composure (hard for me to do...), that he was going to let ISG exchange the vehicle even though he would win in court. My attorney agreed; he said that my case was strong (number of visits), but not for the same issue...

~ Jess

Old 03-04-2006, 12:06 PM

good for you. you are very welcome.