Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Molded Carbon Fiber dash and body pieces

Old 07-27-2010, 06:54 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Molded Carbon Fiber dash and body pieces

EDIT: deleted.. sorry to bomb your thread I wasnt thinking

Last edited by HyprLtH20; 07-28-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of great advice here. However, this is not an easy process if you want your parts to look good. Buying the materials and chemicals to do this process is not cheap. Experience is required.

The company I deal with has been doing this for almost 20 years and supplies finished goods to many luxury car dealers in SoCal. I am not allowed to list the brands, but they are Japanese, American and German. This service can cost as much as $4000 through a dealership.

A number of forum members have taken advantage of this service. At 60 cents per sq inch, I believe this is the most reasonable price you will find anywhere. This price is low wholesale normally offered only to large volume clients.

If you want to see how this is all done, this is an excellent video showing all the steps and stages.

YouTube - Water Transfer Printing Process

Old 07-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
Lots of great advice here. However, this is not an easy process if you want your parts to look good. Buying the materials and chemicals to do this process is not cheap. Experience is required.

The company I deal with has been doing this for almost 20 years and supplies finished goods to many luxury car dealers in SoCal. I am not allowed to list the brands, but they are Japanese, American and German. This service can cost as much as $4000 through a dealership.

A number of forum members have taken advantage of this service. At 60 cents per sq inch, I believe this is the most reasonable price you will find anywhere. This price is low wholesale normally offered only to large volume clients.

If you want to see how this is all done, this is an excellent video showing all the steps and stages.

Don't worry SIX, I do not think too many people will be attempting this at home. The old lady might be a bit ticked off to come out of the bath covered in CF film.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:04 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At that price is way worth not having the headaches of doing the whole procedure. Thats the cheapest ive seen actually. I wish i lived in cali.. my whole car would be CF overlay lol

Old 08-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally want this done, but I don't know if I would be able to take apart the whole dash...I hear it is easy but it is something I have never done before...I wish I could drive it to Cali and get it all done in one swoop I don't know how to take everything off I would want CF on the car...

Old 08-06-2010, 11:44 AM

I felt the same way. I wound up going to a reputable independent audio shop. They charged me around $150 to disassemble and reassemble.

Originally Posted by BP11
I totally want this done, but I don't know if I would be able to take apart the whole dash...I hear it is easy but it is something I have never done before...I wish I could drive it to Cali and get it all done in one swoop I don't know how to take everything off I would want CF on the car...

Old 08-25-2011, 12:49 AM
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

This deserves a bump

Old 08-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Forum Regular

I had my dash done earlier this year and I must say that it is awesome. There are some threads on the forum for disassembling the dash and it wasn't that bad. Plus you gain the experience for when you want to do other interior stuff. Either way; get those pieces out to Karl and I promise you that you won't regret it!

James

Old 08-25-2011, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by jediracer
I had my dash done earlier this year and I must say that it is awesome. There are some threads on the forum for disassembling the dash and it wasn't that bad. Plus you gain the experience for when you want to do other interior stuff. Either way; get those pieces out to Karl and I promise you that you won't regret it!

James
James,

Do you have some pictures you could post. My biggest concern was not having all the carbon line up and it looking odd. I had the windsheild surround done in the CF from Karl and the patterns do not even go the same direction, as if they did every part seperately instead of looking at it like a set - in the interior, this method could spell disaster....

Old 05-24-2017, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by FP
SRT SIX, good find. Can you provide their contact information?

Old thread, but did the contact information ever come forward?

Thanks

Old 07-19-2023, 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=SRT SIX;127448]I had a previous post about the best looking carbon fiber dash kits. Those came from Germany and I could not get a reply from them. Tino at CTD knew about them and told me they were ultra expensive and required sending your components to Germany to be finished.

I just found a shop in SoCal that does this kind of work. I visited them and got to see how it looks. OUTSTANDING! This is not a flat self sticking piece that affixes to your dash. That kind will only cover the flat surfaces with the silver around the beveled edges showing...it looks stuck on. This process molds completely around each part and is polished. The parts look like the pictures of the ones from Germany. With those you have to send the pieces you want to Germany. They apply the carbon fiber finish over them then ship them back. It completely conforms to the surface and around the edges.

Here are pix of the German ones. These are shown in red but the only colors are silver and black. The black carbon fiber is HOT!

(They don't do the steering wheel)

They can also do engine covers and exterior pieces.

Exterior
windshield molding (3 pieces) $175
door handles (for both doors) $90
fender strakes (all six) $135
grill $195

Engine area (Yes it is heat resistant - they even do valve covers)
Custom SRT6 belt cover (not including the crosshatch part) $195
SRT6 Air filter covers (2 pieces) $120
I'd have to ask the price for the regular Crossfire cover it can be done as well.

Interior
door handle/speaker surround (2 pieces) $60
door grab bar (2 pieces) $90

Center console stack (includes the following silver pieces-not including switches or dials)
center a/c vent
a/c control
ashtray
switches
airbag light
lighter
shifter ring
shifter base
center console
drink holder door
storage console lid - total $275

Hi SRT SIX I am interested in all of the above do I talk to you about it ?

Old 07-19-2023, 04:03 PM
Received 339 Likes on 299 Posts

That is a 13 year old post. If anything I would try to PM him and see if he responds. His last post was in 2018.

Old 07-19-2023, 06:47 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Here's pic's in my Gallery of one of the carbon fibre dash kits that were available from Chrysler Dealers in Germany. I have it on my SRT6.

startech shifter ****, carbon fiber console and; e-brake handle

startech silber carbon fiber console and e-brake handle

startech silber carbon fiber console and; auto shifter ****

Old 07-19-2023, 06:57 PM
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

[QUOTE=Rickracin;981119]
I had a previous post about the best looking carbon fiber dash kits. Those came from Germany and I could not get a reply from them. Tino at CTD knew about them and told me they were ultra expensive and required sending your components to Germany to be finished.

I just found a shop in SoCal that does this kind of work. I visited them and got to see how it looks. OUTSTANDING! This is not a flat self sticking piece that affixes to your dash. That kind will only cover the flat surfaces with the silver around the beveled edges showing...it looks stuck on. This process molds completely around each part and is polished. The parts look like the pictures of the ones from Germany. With those you have to send the pieces you want to Germany. They apply the carbon fiber finish over them then ship them back. It completely conforms to the surface and around the edges.

Here are pix of the German ones. These are shown in red but the only colors are silver and black. The black carbon fiber is HOT!

(They don't do the steering wheel)

They can also do engine covers and exterior pieces.

Exterior
windshield molding (3 pieces) $175
door handles (for both doors) $90
fender strakes (all six) $135
grill $195

Engine area (Yes it is heat resistant - they even do valve covers)
Custom SRT6 belt cover (not including the crosshatch part) $195
SRT6 Air filter covers (2 pieces) $120
I'd have to ask the price for the regular Crossfire cover it can be done as well.

Interior
door handle/speaker surround (2 pieces) $60
door grab bar (2 pieces) $90

Center console stack (includes the following silver pieces-not including switches or dials)
center a/c vent
a/c control
ashtray
switches
airbag light
lighter
shifter ring
shifter base
center console
drink holder door
storage console lid - total $275

Hi SRT SIX I am interested in all of the above do I talk to you about it ?
Rickracin
Your kind of late in asking for SRT SIX to assist you!
Click on the attached link....
Dennis
DTMenace

Member SRT SIX has passed away - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource