Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Molded Carbon Fiber dash and body pieces

Old 04-24-2007, 05:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Molded Carbon Fiber dash and body pieces

I had a previous post about the best looking carbon fiber dash kits. Those came from Germany and I could not get a reply from them. Tino at CTD knew about them and told me they were ultra expensive and required sending your components to Germany to be finished.

I just found a shop in SoCal that does this kind of work. I visited them and got to see how it looks. OUTSTANDING! This is not a flat self sticking piece that affixes to your dash. That kind will only cover the flat surfaces with the silver around the beveled edges showing...it looks stuck on. This process molds completely around each part and is polished. The parts look like the pictures of the ones from Germany. With those you have to send the pieces you want to Germany. They apply the carbon fiber finish over them then ship them back. It completely conforms to the surface and around the edges.

Here are pix of the German ones. These are shown in red but the only colors are silver and black. The black carbon fiber is HOT!

(They don't do the steering wheel)

They can also do engine covers and exterior pieces.

Exterior
windshield molding (3 pieces) $175
door handles (for both doors) $90
fender strakes (all six) $135
grill $195

Engine area (Yes it is heat resistant - they even do valve covers)
Custom SRT6 belt cover (not including the crosshatch part) $195
SRT6 Air filter covers (2 pieces) $120
I'd have to ask the price for the regular Crossfire cover it can be done as well.

Interior
door handle/speaker surround (2 pieces) $60
door grab bar (2 pieces) $90

Center console stack (includes the following silver pieces-not including switches or dials)
center a/c vent
a/c control
ashtray
switches
airbag light
lighter
shifter ring
shifter base
center console
drink holder door
storage console lid - total $275

Instrument visor edge (the entire flat area even over the top) $60

When you consider the cost of just the chrome rings for the instruments, these prices are very reasonable for quality custom work.

The only downside is having to remove the pieces and have them sent in. Small price for custom work. BTW they can do almost any parts for most any vehicle (they were even doing some guitars while I was there).

If interested, post or PM me.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:10 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Molded Carbon Fiber dash and body pieces

Very good find SRT SIX... May get ahold of them for some parts on the Street Rod project my neighbor and I are doing.

That looks MUCH cleaner than the 'stick-on' stuff for sure!!!

Old 04-24-2007, 07:33 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: Molded Carbon Fiber dash and body pieces

That looks fantastic! I may not do that to my Crossfire, but it sure gives me some wild ideas for my Dodge Diesel pickup!!

Mama, hide the check book!!!

Old 04-24-2007, 11:11 AM

I want this badly especially at this price... but going to socal is a 40 hour drive for me.. = ( kind of worried about sending them in, but meh..... are you getting this done yourself? I defiantly want the interior done in that same red...

Last edited by Sidez; 04-24-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:22 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

SRT SIX, good find. Can you provide their contact information?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:22 PM

have anything done yet srt six?

Old 04-29-2007, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sidez
have anything done yet srt six?
Right now the big problem is that my car is a daily driver. I need to find a time to disassemble and let it sit for a few days. I have some trips coming up and will try to do it then. Will let you know.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:58 AM

OK, I took the plunge. Made an out-of-state trip for a week and decided to get some of this done.

Here are some pics. BTW, where it looks like the surface is wrinkled it is not. Those are reflections.

Interior

Old 05-06-2007, 05:59 AM

More pics.

under the hood

Old 05-06-2007, 06:00 AM

yet more pics.

windshield surround

Old 05-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Molded Carbon Fiber dash and body pieces

looks great... a real nice job.

you must have a small fortune wrapped up in all those goodies.

my favorite piece:

Old 05-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Molded Carbon Fiber dash and body pieces

Nice job...

Old 05-06-2007, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by andrew
looks great... a real nice job.

you must have a small fortune wrapped up in all those goodies.

my favorite piece:
Thanks Andrew. I have around $1K in work done so far.

I am thinking of doing the grill next. It is amazing how the material conforms to the surface of the part. Look closely how it covers the tiny grooves on the cover in front of the supercharger.

The underhood is just about my favorite application as well. My source can do this to the Limited and Base cover as well for about $295 or less plus S&H. PM me if anyone is interested.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:00 PM

absolutely beautiful SRT - SIX... I love it... one question... do they offer red as an option and please tell me they do.

Old 05-06-2007, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sidez
absolutely beautiful SRT - SIX... I love it... one question... do they offer red as an option and please tell me they do.
I am afraid not. Even the company I found from Germany doesn't do it even though they showed it on their website. I think it was just to make it stand out.

What I can get is black (like mine), silver carbon fiber, glossy silver, brushed aluminum look, and some wood grains.

My wife went for a drive with me today. She couldn't stop touching the finish. It is very smooth and glossy. She said the quality of the finish is like that of the fine lacquered Italian tables and jewelry boxes. She described the look as "...kinda funky, but I like it!..." LOL.

Old 05-06-2007, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
I am afraid not. Even the company I found from Germany doesn't do it even though they showed it on their website. I think it was just to make it stand out.

What I can get is black (like mine), silver carbon fiber, glossy silver, brushed aluminum look, and some wood grains.

My wife went for a drive with me today. She couldn't stop touching the finish. It is very smooth and glossy. She said the quality of the finish is like that of the fine lacquered Italian tables and jewelry boxes. She described the look as "...kinda funky, but I like it!..." LOL.
aww is there any kind of red wood that they offer because if not i guess I will compromise to the black, but our srt has a black interior already adding more black to it kind of offsets the color combination in the interior, but the engine compartment is beautiful in that exact black that you chose.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
Can you post color samples, pricing, and installation directions? The finish looks good. Thanks.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 AM

I just finished installing the typical Sherwood carbon fiber dash kit and thought it looked pretty amazing, but wow, I'm stunned at this. Excellent work. I would have been scared to invest that much money in something like this, but it looks like it paid off for ya!

Old 05-07-2007, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by maxxm
Can you post color samples, pricing, and installation directions? The finish looks good. Thanks.
The finish is remarkable. The reason it looks so good is because your parts are used. The process includes laying the material over your components and having it mold to them. When finished it looks at though the part came from the factory with that finish.

The downside is that you will have to remove the parts and ship them. The work is done and then shipped back. expect a two week turn around. Depending on the item you may have a hard time driving until you get them back. Something like the engine cover or grill is no problem at all.

I will try to post color samples this next week. Directions are you remove and reinstall or have someone do it (this is the method I used...total cost for removal and reinstallation ran me about $200 for the exterior and interior).

This is not a stick on kit...your parts will be refinished. For pricing check the first post in this thread. Those prices are pretty much dead on. If enough people want to look at a group buy they can probably cut 10-15%.

Thanks,

Karl

Old 05-07-2007, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by scooter
I just finished installing the typical Sherwood carbon fiber dash kit and thought it looked pretty amazing, but wow, I'm stunned at this. Excellent work. I would have been scared to invest that much money in something like this, but it looks like it paid off for ya!
I had been wanting to do this for some time but just did not like all the flat pieces with the silver edges showing. Some like this, but I knew I could find someone who could make it look like each piece came from the factory with the CF finish. This process does. The down side is the time. But I do think it is worth it. The German company mentioned in the first post in this thread would have charged at least double and there would be shipping and import duties from Germany, not to mention that it would probably take a couple months to get them.

Not cheap, but reasonable considering the look and quality.

Quick Reply: Molded Carbon Fiber dash and body pieces