Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Help please with removing door pulls

Old 02-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help please with removing door pulls

try popping the door panel off before yanking. with the panel removed via the link you posted you should be able to see behind the panel and see whats keeping the handle on.
Ditto on the door panel removal first. With it off you should be able to "undo" those tabs easily from the back. Otherwise you might pull them through the panel with results you might not want. And, it will facilitate putting them back on.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hcarter
I also ordered some today I really like the look and wanted to play around with it and see how difficult it was to wrap ,,, please post pics when you get a piece done ,,,I look forward to seeing how it comes out, Like Max said it's pretty thin so it should wrap pretty well ...I bought the silver ....

Howard
Cool Howard, and I will post some pics as soon as I can. I was torn between the silver and the classic. Ended up going with the classic, but I am still not convinced that I should have not gone with silver. LOL

Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a Harbor Freight Tools nearby, they have some for a $7.99 when not on sale.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:52 PM

Thanks Veloche. There is one in the next town up from me. About 30 minutes away. I will run up there this weekend.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob after you take a look at what you have and decide you would rather have silver I can give you enough to do your handles if you want ,,,no problem ,,,just let me know...

Old 02-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll be going with the silver cloth, because I like the way our OEM silver console accents the cedar interior.

If I had the slate interior, I'd be torn. The AMG Black Series uses an almost completely dark interior, black carbon and all. IMO, the SRT theme mates well with that. Especially with it being a dry-carbon look... I think you're on the right track.

My interior is the opposite of subtle, so I am going to stick with the silver. I think it'll REALLY pop once I get it completed. I've always been a fan of the borderline gaudy interiors in the cars like Spyker, Brabus, etc... so mine will fit right in.

If I see that you have a trick or two up your sleeve for the application, and post a how-to (tight areas only), this will be my next mod. For me to do it, it MUST look OEM.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:52 PM

Bob after you take a look at what you have and decide you would rather have silver I can give you enough to do your handles if you want ,,,no problem ,,,just let me know...
Thanks Howard. I am actually thinking I am going to do my entire center console also, so I will do the door pulls to match. I was more concerned with which would look best on the console. I almost got the silver as I thought it would match the silver switches better. Then, I thought the classic would be a good contrast.

Are you going to do your console with what you ordered?

Old 02-10-2010, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
I'll be going with the silver cloth, because I like the way our OEM silver console accents the cedar interior.

If I had the slate interior, I'd be torn. The AMG Black Series uses an almost completely dark interior, black carbon and all. IMO, the SRT theme mates well with that. Especially with it being a dry-carbon look... I think you're on the right track.

My interior is the opposite of subtle, so I am going to stick with the silver. I think it'll REALLY pop once I get it completed. I've always been a fan of the borderline gaudy interiors in the cars like Spyker, Brabus, etc... so mine will fit right in.

If I see that you have a trick or two up your sleeve for the application, and post a how-to (tight areas only), this will be my next mod. For me to do it, it MUST look OEM.
after seeing you in a suit yesterday i would say gaudy fits you like a glove!!!! LOL

Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
after seeing you in a suit yesterday i would say gaudy fits you like a glove!!!! LOL
Hahaha that wasn't a suit, my friend... that was a grey wool herringbone blazer, spread-collar dress shirt (no tie) and some producer pants from Express. We are urged to dress "proffessional" but not "dress". People often confuse that last one with formal; but formal requires a tux, with laced patent leather shoes. No exceptions.

If you wanna see a suit, come see me this coming Sunday... Charcoal/Silver pinstripe Zanetti suit, expertly tailored with a french-cuff shirt and an Italian silk tie, secured with a fat double-Windsor knot. You'll no doubt love my carbon cufflinks

Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Thanks Veloche. There is one in the next town up from me. About 30 minutes away. I will run up there this weekend.
You must be quite fit to run for thirty minutes, I quit running when I got my first bike with training wheels. I forgot, we did not have training wheels, so we went to the top of a hill and our father pushed us away, most of us kids survived. We learnt to swim in a similar fashion.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:01 PM

Thanks Howard. I am actually thinking I am going to do my entire center console also, so I will do the door pulls to match. I was more concerned with which would look best on the console. I almost got the silver as I thought it would match the silver switches better. Then, I thought the classic would be a good contrast.

Are you going to do your console with what you ordered?
I was actually thinking about doing just the outside of the pulls on the door mine are in exellent shape no peeling and the vents .... how much do you think you will need for the console ?

Old 02-10-2010, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Hahaha that wasn't a suit, my friend... that was a grey wool herringbone blazer, spread-collar dress shirt (no tie) and some producer pants from Express. We are urged to dress "proffessional" but not "dress". People often confuse that last one with formal; but formal requires a tux, with laced patent leather shoes. No exceptions.

If you wanna see a suit, come see me this coming Sunday... Charcoal/Silver pinstripe Zanetti suit, expertly tailored with a french-cuff shirt and an Italian silk tie, secured with a fat double-Windsor knot. You'll no doubt love my carbon cufflinks
John you should step up and help Pizza Guy (Mark) with the wedding plans maybe dress him up ,,,you sound like you know your fashion ....

Old 02-10-2010, 08:07 PM

John you should step up and help Pizza Guy (Mark) with the wedding plans maybe dress him up ,,,you sound like you know your fashion ....
yeah you can dress him up but you still cant him to do a decent burnout!!!

Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You must be quite fit to run for thirty minutes, I quit running when I got my first bike with training wheels. I forgot, we did not have training wheels, so we went to the top of a hill and our father pushed us away, most of us kids survived. We learnt to swim in a similar fashion.
Well, I was a lot more fit in my Army days for sure. During my assignment in Germany, my First Sergeant would run us 5 miles every morning at 5 AM. Other assignments, were typically 2 miles 3 days of the week. Now, the only way you would get me to run as far as the mailbox is if there was a good looking naked woman offering me favors. Wait...... I'm married. Screw it, I ain't running no where for nobody for nothing. LOL

Old 02-10-2010, 08:38 PM

I was actually thinking about doing just the outside of the pulls on the door mine are in exellent shape no peeling and the vents .... how much do you think you will need for the console ?
Howard, from what I have read in other forums, 1 yard will be way more than I need to do everything. I should have quite a bit left over. Let me see what it takes, and if you want, I will send the rest to you.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:16 AM

Might just have to do that... haha.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:34 AM

Well, I was a lot more fit in my Army days for sure. During my assignment in Germany, my First Sergeant would run us 5 miles every morning at 5 AM. Other assignments, were typically 2 miles 3 days of the week. Now, the only way you would get me to run as far as the mailbox is if there was a good looking naked woman offering me favors. Wait...... I'm married. Screw it, I ain't running no where for nobody for nothing. LOL

LOL If I were to run they would have to hook a resperator to my hind-end
just for pressure .............

Old 02-14-2010, 06:08 PM

here ya go bob. something to ponder! more c/f wrap!!

PYSpeed.com | **NEW** Matte Color Carbon Fiber Fabric Trim Wrap (6 finishes total) - MBWorld.org Forums

Old 02-14-2010, 08:29 PM

Thanks Steve.... I have seen that before. I decided to go with neffy because I was able to find lots of reviews on it, and could not find any negative comments. The material will be here on Wednesday.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:07 AM

I have decieded to try and wrap the defusers first , material should be here this week

Quick Reply: Help please with removing door pulls