Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Left side dome light issues

Old 08-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Left side dome light issues

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
Is there any issue actually removing the light from the headliner. My driver side light is out, and it is bright enough without it, I just left it alone.
Let's give our Crossfires the respect they deserve. Fix it . . . when things go wrong and you take the "I just left it alone" path (or the duct tape & baling wire route) pretty soon your car becomes a total POS.

Here you go . . .

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post397668

While you're in there . . . it's a good time to change out those bulbs to LEDs. I suggest these:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...rofit-car/200/

Last edited by RED DOG; 08-11-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=RED DOG;844866]Let's give our Crossfires the respect they deserve. Fix it . . . when things go wrong and you take the "I just left it alone" path (or the duct tape & baling wire route) pretty soon your car becomes a total POS.

Yes, well said Bob. We all have a vested interest in keeping our Crossfires at their best.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Let's give our Crossfires the respect they deserve. Fix it . . . when things go wrong and you take the "I just left it alone" path (or the duct tape & baling wire route) pretty soon your car becomes a total POS.

Here you go . . .

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post397668

While you're in there . . . it's a good time to change out those bulbs to LEDs. I suggest these:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...rofit-car/200/
Nah, nothing like that, just not worried about 1 tiny bulb, especially when, like I said, the other bulb lights up plenty bright. I may drop it down, but kind of indifferent about it. And I would have to see some LEDs in action before I switched to them. Personally I don't like LEDs at all for lighting, too narrow a spectrum, like neon. They look really cool, but aren't great for general lighting to me, more of a feature lighting, or indicator type of thing. Thanks for the link on removal, that does help with good pictures, I'll probably end up dropping it soon, I may even have a spare 194 in my toolbox.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:00 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
Nah, nothing like that, just not worried about 1 tiny bulb, especially when, like I said, the other bulb lights up plenty bright. I may drop it down, but kind of indifferent about it. And I would have to see some LEDs in action before I switched to them. Personally I don't like LEDs at all for lighting, too narrow a spectrum, like neon. They look really cool, but aren't great for general lighting to me, more of a feature lighting, or indicator type of thing. Thanks for the link on removal, that does help with good pictures, I'll probably end up dropping it soon, I may even have a spare 194 in my toolbox.
Put in those LEDs . . . It's a $10.00 upgrade and I guarantee that you won't be disappointed in the results.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:29 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Put in those LEDs . . . It's a $10.00 upgrade and I guarantee that you won't be disappointed in the results.
I'll pass, I don't need to upgrade a dome light. But I do appreciate the post with the good pictures, I am always leery of things attached to headliners. I have repaired and recovered a couple, there is always some secret hiding up there.