Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Stowage ideas?

Old 04-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stowage ideas?

I recently bought my 2005 Xfire. I have a small 11# Japanese Chin dog that enjoys traveling with me. I am interested in others ideas for a safe way for her to travel in the trunk.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:15 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Stowage ideas?

I certainly hope this is a sick joke.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:29 AM
JSK
Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Maybe the car is a coupe?

Old 04-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Dogs love looking out the window with the air rushing past their faces. Get your dog some goggles and let it have its fun.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
41+flZS-h0L._SL500_.jpg (28.9 KB, 154 views)
Old 04-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill OD
I recently bought my 2005 Xfire. I have a small 11# Japanese Chin dog that enjoys traveling with me. I am interested in others ideas for a safe way for her to travel in the trunk.
Pet Owners - some of them are real asshats.

Old 04-08-2017, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Pet Owners - some of them are real asshats.
These dogs are not large at all, maybe 10 to 11 inches to the shoulder. In my mind a dog this size in a suitable cage would be quite comfortable and safer than sitting up front and becoming launched into the dash when the brakes are applied in an emergency.
This owner has his dogs health in mind and should not be blindly insulted.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-08-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
These dogs are not large at all, maybe 10 to 11 inches to the shoulder. In my mind a dog this size in a suitable cage would be quite comfortable and safer than sitting up front and becoming launched into the dash when the brakes are applied in an emergency.
Completely agree. I would even find the perfect size crate and perhaps even figure out a way to elevate it and secure it so that you can place and remove him/her from the front, and can enjoy being a part of the excursion and see what's going on. That would be great interaction on the road. Pizzaguy.... Asshat? Really? You're probably a cat person is my guess.

Old 04-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I disagree, Dave. That cage can be secured with the seat belt like my GRMS radio or Laptop case.
As far as "blindly insulting", I was not blindly insulting, I was deliberately insulting. Look, I am offended by **** I read on here quite often, I don't whine about it. Others can do the same.

As to the point.......
I had a small dog, she'd freak out in the trunk, same as a child. And as far as "safe", given how the rear of the car is a "crumple zone", in a read end accident, the dog would likely be killed. Ask Deb Walker about that - her bumper was pushed right up to the gas tank in the rear end collision that destroyed her first Crossfire.

"Safe in the trunk" is an asinine idea, again, for the reason(s) I outlined above.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 04-09-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I disagree, Dave. That cage can be secured with the seat belt like my GRMS radio or Laptop case.
As far as "blindly insulting", I was not blindly insulting, I was deliberately insulting. Look, I am offended by **** I read on here quite often, I don't whine about it. Others can do the same.

As to the point.......
I had a small dog, she'd freak out in the trunk, same as a child. And as far as "safe", given how the rear of the car is a "crumple zone", in a read end accident, the dog would likely be killed. Ask Deb Walker about that - her bumper was pushed right up to the gas tank in the rear end collision that destroyed her first Crossfire.

"Safe in the trunk" is an asinine idea, again, for the reason(s) I outlined above.
Quit whining.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

A hard side impact in passengers door could do the same.
Or
Driving down the interstate and hitting a small but heavy object in the road that fell off a truck could flip the car and crush the roof down (happened to my uncle in a early 90's f150, put him in a coma for 5 days)
Or
Stuck by lightning

Point is never know what is going to happen.
Just do your best and enjoy as much as you can.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:40 AM

No speedy yet.
There he is, as soon as I post he pops up where he should be.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-10-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Ahhh, WTH, IF a coupe, install a luggage rack and put it up on the roof in an approved heavy duty pet carrier! I bet the dog would love it BUT you'll need a bug shield, and the yellow liquid running down the back of the car would need to be cleaned up pretty quickly! ROTFLMAO

For you PETA asshats, there are 'sarcastic' emoji's there...

Old 04-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Ahhh, WTH, IF a coupe, install a luggage rack and put it up on the roof in an approved heavy duty pet carrier! I bet the dog would love it BUT you'll need a bug shield, and the yellow liquid running down the back of the car would need to be cleaned up pretty quickly! ROTFLMAO

For you PETA asshats, there are 'sarcastic' emoji's there...

OMG!!! I just accidentally spit a breath mint out at my manager after reading that!! Hilarious!!

Old 04-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd put my vote in for the crate in the front seat strapped in with the seatbelt though. Maybe put the cage/carrier in the floor board?! I see the rear end getting hit before the side, considering the way people drive these days! Cell phones are a priority ya know!

Old 03-31-2018, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About this time last year I posted a question regarding a safe place for my dog to travel in my Crossfire. The pictures attached are my solution to the concern.
#1 - Empty storage area
#2 - A sectional piece to hold the rear of the support plate
#3 - A support bar for the front of the plate
#4 - Plywood with piano hinges which allow me to remove or install the plate without damaging the car interior.
#5 - Plywood plate being unfolded and used as the base for my dog’s bed and the cover for luggage or any other items needing storage.
#6 - Trimmed carpet, dog bed and security harness for the dog. All in place and enjoyed by my dog.
She can see out of the windshield, side glass and of course the rear window. All is well and everyone is happy.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bill OD
About this time last year I posted a question regarding a safe place for my dog to travel in my Crossfire. The pictures attached are my solution to the concern.
#1 - Empty storage area
#2 - A sectional piece to hold the rear of the support plate
#3 - A support bar for the front of the plate
#4 - Plywood with piano hinges which allow me to remove or install the plate without damaging the car interior.
#5 - Plywood plate being unfolded and used as the base for my dog’s bed and the cover for luggage or any other items needing storage.
#6 - Trimmed carpet, dog bed and security harness for the dog. All in place and enjoyed by my dog.
She can see out of the windshield, side glass and of course the rear window. All is well and everyone is happy.
Looks good, it might give some people cause to reflect on their previous comments.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:04 AM
Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

That is very nicely done, especially raising the floor evenly up to the hatch so your dog can easily see the surroundings. I'm sure you both can enjoy the ride. If you haven't already you may want to place some solar film/tint on the hatch window. 3M makes a film that will deflect 95%+ and yet is clear as glass, or go for a light tint, but it could help keep your car's interior more comfortable for you both.