Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Headliner

Old 07-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headliner

The headliner on my 2007 Crossfire coup has dropped down about eight inches. I have no idea how this happoned. My dealer has never seen this problem before. Any suggestions on how to re-attach it to the roof?
Don

Old 07-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Headliner

Originally Posted by chilipop
The headliner on my 2007 Crossfire coup has dropped down about eight inches. I have no idea how this happoned. My dealer has never seen this problem before. Any suggestions on how to re-attach it to the roof?
Don
Put headliner in Search and you will find all kinds of posts on this problem.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by chilipop
Don
The "sagging" headliner is a common problem on the Crossfire Coupes. You'll have to remove the headliner from the car & take it to an upholstery shop to have it recovered. When they are finished, you'll need to re-install the headliner. I just finished this on my 2007 Coupe & the re-covering of the headliner cost me $135.

Or you can take the car to the upholstery shop & have them remove the headliner, recover it, and then re-install it. Probably a $300 job.

Lots of write-ups on this task throughout the Forum. Just follow 180's suggestion.

Make sure the upholstery shop wraps the new cover over the edges of the headliner. The factory version wasn't done this way and the adhesive gets exposed to the environment more readily.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drove my Crossfire down to Orlando in May to have the guys at Headliner Express replace my headliner. Rather than replace with the factory grey, they used a dark charcoal fabric as well as wrapping the front pillars to match. Total was just a little over $300 and the results were fantastic!!!